is it possible to change mortgage during a IVA ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive been in a IVA for over a year now and my current mortgage deal is up , i was just curious if able to get a new fixed rate deal with me being in a IVA or am i wasting my time as probably no bank etc will want to know

any help much appreciated

Zander that answer is not necessarily correct.

steve76 who is your current mortgage provider?

If it is a reputable one ie high street bank or building society i would contact them and ask if there is any deals that you can switch to for existing customers, fixed discounted etc.

The reason an iva does not stop this process is that the loan has security and you are not taking additional borrowing. If however you want to change lenders the iva could be a problem as they would see it as a huge risk.

However you existing lender already has the debt and as long as you do not want to borrow any money would make sense to put you on a new rate and tie you up for a little bit longer.

Ask the bank/building society if they will credit score you for the new product if they say no do not mention the iva, if they say yes then mention it and whatever you do , do not go to a broker.

If you have any more questions i would be more than happy to help.