Can DCA pursue for accounts in dispute due to FSA bank charges waiver

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm in dispute with my former bank over unfair overdraft charges but despite my complaint being on hold under the FSA waiver I am being chased vigorously by a DCA called Robinson Way who are very persistant. I've told RW that the account is in dispute and supplied details of my complaint reference and referred them back to the bank but they are relentless. Can someone suggest an effective response or at least let me know what my position is. Thanks.

When I kept getting threats from the HSBC debt monkeys, I wrote to the HSBC office dealing with bank charges with a copy of the letters and told them to sort it.

I haven't heard from them since ... so that might be a way to go?

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

I've told RW in writing on a couple of occcasions and have written again today!

I will write to the bank charges section if no luck with this. However, does an unfair charges claim amount to a dispute for these purposes?

Also, would you suggest that I make a CCA agreement application?

Thanks again

I will write to the bank charges section if no luck with this. However, does an unfair charges claim amount to a dispute for these purposes?

I think that an ongoing court case is as valid a dispute as there can be.

Just because it is on hold doesn't mean that it's not ongoing.

Thanks again

Pointless for an overdraft

Ask RW if they would like you to include them in the claim or would they prefer to f*** off. Of course, you can't include them in the case but they don't know that.

Ask for a copy of their complaints procedure, make a complaint (them not stopping collection activities when the account has a valid reason for dispute)

Grumpy

Thanks again

Bank accounts are not normally covered by CCA, however I believe overdrafts are. You could request it so it'll slow them down.

Also you could complain to the OFT about a DCA chasing a disputed debt, copy in RW so they know about the complaint.

S.