bailiff visited and left letter on stairwell to flat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi long story so appologies in advance, like a lot of people i have financial problems which at the moment im trying to get on top of albeit with difficulty as im on long term sick with depression at the moment, well today i recieved a letter from collect services acting on behalf of tendring council for unpaid council tax "intended notice of seizure of goods and inventory for unpaid ct"

This was being collected by an attachment of earnings order as issued in jan 09 and still is albeit a smaller amount but hasnt been missed, now i find this letter on the stairwell of the flats where i live where my neighbours could off got hold of it.

It specifically states not to ring the council, but sod them i have and im waiting for a call back to see whats going on, at the moment im living on £72 per week sick paywith no idea when or if im going to be able to return to work, is there anything i can do in the mean time regarding this,

any help as always appreciated, the amount i owe i £1189.18 even if i returned to work i couldnt hardly afford to pay what the aeo is as im only earn nmw or take home pay is 192 per week with rent being £93 per week and it cost in excess of £30 oer week travelling because of where i work:confused:

first thing is not to worry, The letter they have left you is a standard letter. They dont want you to contact the council because the only way the bailiff gets paid is if you pay them. What i have done in the past is rang the council and spoke to a manager in the recoveries department and explained what has happened and that you can only afford x amount till you are back on your feet. It might be worth putting it in writing to the council aswell. The council have to accept a reasonable amount, what is reasonable could be anything.

If the bailiff calls around again and you are in just make sure you dont let them in, dont sign anything (they cant make you). if they put a foot in your door or wont go away call the police and have them removed.

As for the attachement order i dont know much about it but i am sure someone on here will know.

IT'S TIME FOR US LITTLE PEOPLE TO FIGHT BACK:)

hi gaz thanks for the reply, i rang the council, what has happened is money is still being taken from my wages aka aeo, but my boss hasnt actually sent any to the council, i explained this and he is going to write to my boss to see whats happening, so no longer worried as ive got payslips saying its been taken when and how much, and the council are going to ring bailiffs to stop any further action, annoying thing is if thye checked records properly they would of seen im on sick leave and current rent and ct is being paid for by them, they just assumed id left my job grrr

you should complain to the council about the breach of data protection and ask that your file be taken back by the council as their agents have broken the law whilst on council business - I'll try finding a letter I did for a friend and the council took back the debt almost straight away.