Abbet Snatches Child Tax Credit!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, following advice on various threads, my daughter opened a new Bank Account because Abbey were being intolerable over fees.

On Monday we took a letter into her branch stating the various rules/laws on the taking of benefits to cover bank charges.

Despite this, they have today taken most of her Child Tax Credit to cover charges. Having telephoned the Benefits' Office, not sure they can do anything!!

We are going to go into the branch later today and ask that she be allowed to withdraw the amount on the Tax Credit. I am sure I have read somewhere that they have to allow her to have this credit?

We have transferred most (hopefully, all) transactions to her new account, but it was too late to stop this one.

We are going to start a claim for charges refund, hopefully under the hardship rules, but she needs this money to feed her children until the next payment goes into the new account.

Any ideas Please?

I would suggest that your Daughter contacts te Jobcentre and asks about opening a Post Office Card Account. She will be able to get all her benefits paid into the Post Office Account without ever getting charges.

I opened my Post Office Account many years ago and i have never had any problems. I do have another bank account but i use that for paying bills etc. I keep them both separate. It works for me.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Tell her to open an account with her local credit union. Many now offer the same services as banks DD's debit/cash cards etc & for little or no cost. As long as you a regular saver they will also lend you money