You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

harrassed senior

Abbet Snatches Child Tax Credit!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

OK, following advice on various threads, my daughter opened a new Bank Account because Abbey were being intolerable over fees.

On Monday we took a letter into her branch stating the various rules/laws on the taking of benefits to cover bank charges.

Despite this, they have today taken most of her Child Tax Credit to cover charges. Having telephoned the Benefits' Office, not sure they can do anything!!

We are going to go into the branch later today and ask that she be allowed to withdraw the amount on the Tax Credit. I am sure I have read somewhere that they have to allow her to have this credit?

We have transferred most (hopefully, all) transactions to her new account, but it was too late to stop this one.

We are going to start a claim for charges refund, hopefully under the hardship rules, but she needs this money to feed her children until the next payment goes into the new account.

Any ideas Please?

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Have a read through http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/36790-bank-taking-your-benefits.html

And complain loudly & publicly in the bank. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Thanks for the link, knew it was somewhere. As I say, we had sent the letter of appropriation (well actually hand delivered it) on Monday so they have no excuse.

Will let you know later what happens!

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Thank you for that - but how is it then that some DWP departments can and have (or so I read) made the banks repay this amount by reversing the credit?

I suspect that this is another 'can of worms' to open!

I would suggest that your Daughter contacts te Jobcentre and asks about opening a Post Office Card Account. She will be able to get all her benefits paid into the Post Office Account without ever getting charges.

I opened my Post Office Account many years ago and i have never had any problems. I do have another bank account but i use that for paying bills etc. I keep them both separate. It works for me.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Tell her to open an account with her local credit union. Many now offer the same services as banks DD's debit/cash cards etc & for little or no cost. As long as you a regular saver they will also lend you money