You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ukaviator

Message for ELLIE RENSHAW

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4032 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

WILL YOU STOP PONCING ABOUT AND PAY BACK THE CHARGES YOUR COMPANY HAS CHARGED US, THE PUBLIC, YOUR CUSTOMERS.

CONSUMER LAW STATES THAT ANY CHARGES CREDIT CARD PROVIDERS LEVY ON THEIR CUSTOMERS MUST BE PROPORTIONAL TO THE ACTUAL COSTS THEY INCURRED. IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HERE PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS HERE ON THIS THREAD.

:cool:

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Seconded !

Whilst your at it ER, please include a copy of our original 'enforceable' Agreements.

Beachy

Hi Ukaviator

my bank charged me four lots of £38 plus other charges in past for failed direct debits but i have a large overdraft with them so they have a gun at my head so to speak figuratively speaking! as if i try to reclaim them back i will be in a awkward situation if they call in my ovedraft in retaliation which is huge:eek:But if i ever manage to reduce overdraft though pigs might fly at moment! Is it possible for me to claim those sort of charges back ?It is awful they charge not far of £40 for a failed direct debit it cant cost them that to bounce a direct debit:mad: i complained at my branch but staff not symphathetic at all and said it was just procedure.My brother said i should write to them to complain but as i got this huge overdraft dont want them to get funny with me and ask for their overdraft to be paid back otherwise i will be in bad trouble,:eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Does anyone have any idea how long CAP1 are taking to pay out at the moment? They acknowledged my claim on the 19th June, I have been checking my online account and nothing yet, still locked out :-) (overlimit)

If they acknowledged on the 19th, you should see your dosh before the month is out, I should think, or 1st week of July latest. ;-)

I will go for the charges after they have sorted the unenforceable agreement.

Question time:

Now does anyone know, I know I'm pushing my luck here, but if I find that my agreement is unenforceable, can I claim back what I have paid to them or something like that ??

If you went for a cc company re the charges, if the case went to court and got turned down, can you try a second time??

Yeah I know I'm pushing my luck... just my mind working overtime at the mo..

KB

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

If they acknowledged on the 19th, you should see your dosh before the month is out, I should think, or 1st week of July latest. ;-)

Thanks...lets hope its sooner rather than later, I could really do with the £ :oops:

don't we all need it... to pay off other debts...

just had a shock, was completing the EX160 for remission, was patiently ploughing through it, then suddenly realised the figures were for GROSS income, weot abummer, found out that we are overthe alloance, so I could go for part remission , but I don't think we would have not much reduction so I will pay my £35 and claim it back when I win.......

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Question time:

Now does anyone know, I know I'm pushing my luck here, but if I find that my agreement is unenforceable, can I claim back what I have paid to them or something like that ??

I don't think you'd get it back from Cap 1, and I doubt a court would order them to repay. The fact you've repaid money is an acknowledgement you have a debt. Its the reciprocal of not repaying an account which is unenforceable, why should the bank give you money back if there is no agreement!

Woohoo, just got my letter this minute...CAP1 are paying up charges plus their purchase interest plus court interest and court fees.

Will send on my donation as soon as the cheque arrives. :D

Can I remind Ms Renshaw that when you have a small claims CCJ you CANNOT discontinue on grounds of costs - so Capital One need to cease harrassing me as you are in breach of court protocol - and a complaint is lodged with the OFT about this 4 year campaign on your part (cost you more in the end)

Also stop quoting the Rankine case as I NEVER HAD YOUR CARD IN THE FIRST PLACE....

Hi Ukaviator

my bank charged me four lots of £38 plus other charges in past for failed direct debits but i have a large overdraft with them so they have a gun at my head so to speak figuratively speaking! as if i try to reclaim them back i will be in a awkward situation if they call in my ovedraft in retaliation which is huge:eek:But if i ever manage to reduce overdraft though pigs might fly at moment! Is it possible for me to claim those sort of charges back ?It is awful they charge not far of £40 for a failed direct debit it cant cost them that to bounce a direct debit:mad: i complained at my branch but staff not symphathetic at all and said it was just procedure.My brother said i should write to them to complain but as i got this huge overdraft dont want them to get funny with me and ask for their overdraft to be paid back otherwise i will be in bad trouble,:eek:

Hi Sunflower

Is this account with Capital One or someone else like Natwest?. £38 a time sounds like Natwest.

If you are having problems paying back this overdraft, what some people do is change their bank account, go with someone else, open a basic account. Then negotiate paying back this overdraft over a period of time. You then ask for the charges back with interest.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Also team, if you post any agreements up on this site, please delete the bar codes on letters and agreements. I think they can scan the pages after printing out your attachment, this is how some DCA's and banks know who you are on here.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

WARNING TO ALL

Hi Sunflower

Is this account with Capital One or someone else like Natwest?. £38 a time sounds like Natwest.

If you are having problems paying back this overdraft, what some people do is change their bank account, go with someone else, open a basic account. Then negotiate paying back this overdraft over a period of time. You then ask for the charges back with interest.

Hi Uk aviator

it is very difficult at moment as overdraft in constant use and as my oh on benefits it is difficult to make any headway at moment as overdraft well over £1,500:eek: but i suppose it my be a good idrea to start another account in case i have trouble with them.in future .It is awful though how they make a dire fiancial situation ten times worse by imposing these charges making it impossible for people to get back 0n their feet.:evil:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Do you think the past charges will go over the overdraft amount?

Could be enough there with some interest to get rid of the overdraft and have some cash in hand as well.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

WARNING TO ALL

Do you think the past charges will go over the overdraft amount?

Could be enough there with some interest to get rid of the overdraft and have some cash in hand as well.

Probably not as by some miracle i managed to keep within overdraft limit for most years up till recently I dont supppose i can claim back charges imposed for running account.

What charges are these, late payment and overlimit?

If they are claim them all back.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

WARNING TO ALL