Cardinal Capital

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a card from Cardinal Capital stating that a agent would be in my area and will be calling to discuss things with me.

It also says that i should phone them and let them know if i will be available or not.

Do i have to see this person or phone them? I'm not even sure what debt it is they are dealing with. Can anyone help?

Debt collectors have zero power:)

Is there an address on the card?

You do not have to receive unwanted knuckle scarpers on your doorstep if you don't want to. (there is a template for this)

Also, do not speak to them on the phone.

Do you know what the debt in question is, how old it is, when you last acknowledged it, if there is correct paperwork etc?

Send the planks this;

Cardinal Capital Ltd

PO Box 14493

Birmingham

B16 6FN

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384

. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

Ok thanks for telling me that probably would of signed the letter! Thanks for all your help.

one way around the signature aspect is to use a signatureh specifically for dealing with debts that you never normally use

for instance if you have a middle name and dont use the middle initial in your signataure then include it@

if you do use a middle name signature then dont use it

if you dont have a middle name make an initial up

spell your name a different way

not only will they not be able to lift your signature (and there is really no evidence yet that this has happened to my kinowledge) but if they do you will have concrete evidence of this happening

You may have a statute barred account there and you wouldn't want them falsifying any form of acknowledgement:)

If it is SB then no amount of letters saying that you admit owing the debt will ever restart the SB clock again!;)

Some people appear to get confused with the whole SB and Limitations Act thing, once it has travelled it's course and no acknowledgement (in Writing) has been admitted then the debt remains SB no matter what may then transpire, nothing the debtor or creditor does can ever re-start the SB clock:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!