style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI this is my first time on here and wondered if anyone can help me.

I received a parking charge notice from G24 Ltd this morning saying I had overstayed the permitted allowance, along with a photo of the car entering and leaving, they want £95 or £75 if paid in 14 days from the date of event.

I have read a few threads but still not to sure what to do. If I ignore this letter will I have the baliffs knocking at my door. Has the baliffs called on anyone regarding the above

please advise I am worried sick about it :mad:

Edited by 0623
spelling

Hi advice from members is ignore, ignore and ignore again.

You will get two letters from PPC two letter from DCA(next desk) and then two letters from solicitor(next but one desk) each letter getting more desperate/threatening

As for bailiffs they could only come to your house if

1, the PPC actually had the cheek to take you to court

2, you did not defend and they won by default.

(I have only seen two cases where they did take someone to court) though I have seen many many threats to take someone to court.

3, you then did not pay.

4, they would then have to apply for enforcement.

dpick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received another letter today this time from CCSCOLLECT acting for G24. Its a formal notice of intended court action if payment is not received within 7 days of date of letter ( 29/07/09 ). Should I ignore this one as well? :mad:

They all crawled up from under the same stone.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

They all crawled up from under the same stone.

Same stone. I thought they dwelt in the neo-cosmis ooze under the bottom of the pond. Thats where politicians and used car salesman come from. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

well today I came home to a notice of intended legal action letter with a lovely yellow stripe on it.

I now have till aug 25th by 10am to pay the £95 owed.

Court action may be taken against me without further warning

court fees and legal costs may increase the sum I owe if judgement is obtained and the following steps may be taken .

1. Deductions from my salary

2. Seizure and sale of property

3. My means examined by the court

Seems to me there is an awful lot of mays

What happened next....? I am researching this sort of thing for my parking notice/ticket.... Did the bayliffs ever come? or did you have to go to court...???

Confusion girl,

Read Dpick's post at No 2 and calm down.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi 0623 - I've had the same thing with CEL in December 2007 - all the threats and stuff....

Simply ignore - do NOT correspond at all, otherwise you simply extend the period of harassment.

Eventually things will go quiet - I've heard no more for well over a year now - still waiting for the court summons they promised me - lol :)

I received a "parking ticket" and photo's from G24 about four months ago. I ignored it and subsequent letters, then I received the anticipated letter(s) from CCSCOLLECT, which I also ignored. Their last letter to me was telling me they were coming to visit me at home. that was three weeks ago. This morning I have received a letter from DWF, who seem to be a legitimate firm of solicitors in Leeds. They are now trying to collect on behalf of CCSCollect. The only possible dodgy thing I can see about their letter is it is signed DWF LLP, and not in someone's actual name. Does any one know anything about DWF LLP? any info or advice most welcome.

Mregg

well today I came home to a notice of intended legal action letter with a lovely yellow stripe on it.

I now have till aug 25th by 10am to pay the £95 owed.

Court action may be taken against me without further warning

court fees and legal costs may increase the sum I owe if judgement is obtained and the following steps may be taken .

1. Deductions from my salary

2. Seizure and sale of property

3. My means examined by the court

Seems to me there is an awful lot of mays

If my experience of CCSCollect with four Parking Eye scams is anything to go by the yellow stripe letter [final final warning] could be the last one before they give up, though they did once send me a final final final warning [in red I think] threatening a home visit, which they didn't do of course. [wish they would visit me, my dogs would love to meet them!]

Think about it, if they believed they had a case they would have issued court proceedings by now instead of sending these pathetic bits of paper.

Keep ignoring, keep smiling.