mortimer clark/court claim/mbna

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This lot are a bunch of monkeys in my opinion. Their aim is indeed for a CO. They will apply for the CCJ forthwith which of course if granted you won't have a snowball's chance of paying in full all at once and hence will default on which means they can then APPLY for the CO (it does not automatically follow that they will get it but that's another thread!!)

It doesn't sound like it will come to this judging by the state of their paperowrk but that's the way they're playing it and you need to look at the bigger picture just in case so that you can stay ahead of them.

If they get the CCJ forthwith, you need to find a way of either getting it set aside or getting it redetermined so that you can get an instalments based order which they currently cannot apply for a CO against unless you have defaulted on the instalments.

Keep fighting back though - they really don't like that :cool:

forthwith orders are usually used in commercial debts - if you have provided the court with I & E sheets and your offer of payments it would be a rare event for the court not to make an order for monthly payments

and even if they did make a forthwith offer you could immediately appeal it

obviously if you are going to offer 5 quid a month for the next 60 years you might end up with a forthwith order!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are then considerations such as other unsecured creditors since it would not normally be allowed for one of your creditors to seek security for his debt to the disadvantage of the others

if i were in a position before being taken to court and there was the slightest hint of a co being in the pipeline i might be minded to allow my brothers fathers butcher who lent me 20,000 a couple of years ago and who i have not paid back to take a second charge a bit quick

LOL!! Mortimer Clarke are trying to do the same thing with me at the minute but as yet there are no court claims (although seven days from their last letter is tomorrow so we'll see!!)

I think that where this lot are concerned it's best to cover all the bases as believe it or not they've somehow managed to win a few court cases recently. It would seem from this site that the law does not actually come into the equation if you work at Mortimer Clarke....

LOL!! Mortimer Clarke are trying to do the same thing with me at the minute but as yet there are no court claims (although seven days from their last letter is tomorrow so we'll see!!)

I think that where this lot are concerned it's best to cover all the bases as believe it or not they've somehow managed to win a few court cases recently. It would seem from this site that the law does not actually come into the equation if you work at Mortimer Clarke....

winning legal cases means nothing if you dont know what the quality of opposition was

Ie scared debtors not having a clue how to represent themselves, summary judgments etc

like i said

mortimer clark are going for sumary judgement this monday

so this is what i throw back at them with the judge

DEFAULT NOTICE FROM ARROW DOES NOT HAVE THERE NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE NOTICE

CAN THEY PROVE WHEN THE DEFAULT NOTICE WAS SERVED BY RECORDED OR SPECIAL DELIEVERY, I AM ASKING FOR STRICT PROOF

DEFAULT NOTICE DOES NOT ALLOW ENOUGH TIME TO REMEDY THE BREACH

THEY HAVE TERMINATED THE AGREEMENT BEFORE THE TIME TO RECTIFY THE DEFAULT WAS UP

THE NOTICE OF ASSIGNMENT NEEDS TO BE SENT BY REGISTERED POST TO COMPLY WITH THE LAW OF PROPERTY ACT 1925, I WILL DEMAND TO SEE THE TRACK AND TRACE NUMBER

to sell an account to the likes of Arrow means that by design the account terminates as Arrow do not lend money so cannot continue the account if any default is remedied within the default time frame,

THE TERMINATION NOTICE HAS BEEN ISSUED UNDER SECTION 98 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT

SECTION 98 DEALS WITH THE TERMINATION OF AGREEMENTS WHICH ARE NOT IN DEFAULT

QUICK QUESTION A DEFAULT NOTICE IS DEEMED SERVED 14 CALENDER DAYS AFTER SERVICE

SO TWO DAYS AFTER SERVICE WOULD BE A SATURDAY

THE 14 DAYS WOULD THEN START ON A SUNDAY

CAN THIS BE RIGHT

I MEAN LEGAL PROCEEDINGS BEGINNING ON A SAT/SUN WHICH ARE NOT WORKING DAYS

JUST COVERING THE BASIS

WHICH EVER WAY YOU LOOK AT THIS, THEY ARE STUFFED

Despite it being a saturday... unless they can prove that the default was received in time for 14 day remedy they must allow 14 days + 2 days for 1st class and 4 Days for 2nd class post... unless they can prove how it has been sent they seem to be 1 day shy of the 14 days

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Hi Spam

Just Break It Down For Me

Default Notice Dated The 3rd

Two Days For Service Takes It To A Sat Thats The 5th

14 Days For Service Takes It To The 19th

Or Am I Missing Some Thing

Hi Spam

the date of the DN was (thursday) 3r July

it is considered served on Monday 7th July

you have then 14 days 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21 in which to remedy the defect

21st being the last day and this means close of business on that day

they served the Termination on the LAST day (so depriving you of a day)

however it would be better if you could show from their records that

a/ they didint actually post it on the 3rd - OR

b/ it was sent second class

just to make the defective DN look more defective

that is why you need a SAR (which takes up to 40 days so you need to get your skates on)

hope that makes the date side of things clear

:)

Hi Spam

Assuming it wouldn't actually get in the post until the 4th which is a Friday 2nd class wouldn't arrive before wed 9th + 14 days = 22nd

My original calculations were out cos I didn't realise sunday was in the middle of service time... they're 2 days short by my reckoning.

They're wrong anyway..;)

Spam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You cant just ASSUME it didnt get into the post until the 4th- unless you prove otherwise it will be deemed to have been posted the day it was dated.

nor can you just ASSUME it was sent second class just to fit your argument - if you havn't kept the envelope you have to FIND OUT when it was sent

they ONLY way you can do that is from THEIR records

the only way you can access their records (before court) is to SAR them

No

Looking Through His Paperwork

Yes There Were Charges So The Noa Is Out The Window

Any Coments On Post 60 Spam

Yes....but too late diddy beat me to it.

The charges also render the default and termination defective if they have included them in the arrears and or full payment.. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks For This People

What I Need Confirmed Is

Can Documents Be Served On A Saturday

This Was There Response To The Defence Ref The Default Notice

the Civil Procedure Rules Were Ammended On The 1 October 2008 However, Prior To That It Was Accepted That Documents Could Be Deemed Served On A Saturday

So If True And Not A Smoke Screen, Whats The Score

I Dont Want To End Up With Egg On My Face

Thanks For This People

What I Need Confirmed Is

the Civil Procedure Rules Were Ammended On The 1 October 2008 However, Prior To That It Was Accepted That Documents Could Be Deemed Served On A Saturday

you need to google the relevant legislation and find out

i still cant emphasis enough that yu need also to get the SAR request off

Thanks For This People

What I Need Confirmed Is

To be honest... When it comes to CPR I thought it only related to court documents... service of a claim etc.

I didn't think a default notice was included in that but I could be horribly wrong...:evil:

Here is a link to CPR

CPR - Rules and Directions - Ministry of Justice

I don't have much time today but if you want to have a skim through you might find what you need.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This bit might be the relevant section.

PRACTICE DIRECTION – SERVICE WITHIN THE UNITED KINGDOM - Ministry of Justice

Just found the amendment..

Notes to Accompany – 1st October 2008 47th Update - Ministry of Justice

I think what you really need to discover is whether a default notice comes under these rules or whether it just relates to the service of court documents..

Sorry not much help.:(

Edited by Spamalot
adding link..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well i'm not legally qualified but it seems to me that a default notice is not served under the CPR rules - and therefore is not covered by them

in any event the poster needs to see the PRE october rules s not the amended ones

i think this is a big con