Debtcontrol V Nationwide / Credit Resource

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have to say this forum is an excellent resource and I will be contributing to the cause when I get paid next!!

I made up my mind last week to stand up to these CRA's who have, after reading advice on here, been threatening me with hollow threats for months, if not years.

I have 9 CRA accounts, a mixture of credit cards & loans. The majority of these defaulted in 2003, a couple defaulted in 2004.

My original post is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/205013-paying-back-various-amounts.html

It is worth noting that I have never had to sign for any recorded/special delivery post from the lender or CRA.

I have also never received a Default Notice, or Notice of Assignment.

I have CCA'd all CRA's and cancelled all DD. Payments will be made by SO for £5 per month until it’s legally enforced for me to pay more. (I am confident that my financial circumstances are dire enough for them to have no joy if they wish to pursue through the courts).

This thread will talk about my battle with Credit Resource Solutions & the Nationwide loan they say they are pursuing.

Thanks for reading, more to follow!!!!

Hello,

Not received a CCA acknowledgement yet, was sent RD on 20/06.

However, today I received the attached, confirming my request to drop the payments to £5 per month.

NW SO arrangement £5 220609.pdf

3349 monthly payments

:confused:

:)

:D[/

Exactly.

I will have to pay them for the next 90 odd years!

Edited by Debtcontrol

3349 monthly payments

:confused:

:)

:D[/

Exactly.

I will have to pay them for the next 90 odd years!

I was needing my supper last night!

I got a calculator out - 3349 months is 279 years!!! thats ridiculous!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have received a copy of something today with my signature on it.

Can someone in the know please have a look and advise?

Whats my next move?

Is it enforceable?

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I sent off an account in dispute letter yesterday (10/07) before I received this, as their time limit had expired on 09/07 - their letter was poststamped 09/07 but only arrived today - 11/07.

NW Loan sig copy 090709.pdf

Edited by Debtcontrol

Looks legit to me sorry...Maybe someone else can confirm?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Looks legit to me sorry...Maybe someone else can confirm?

Thanks for replying, I thought as much - what about the fact they provided it outwith the defined timescale, does that matter?

Not anymore unfortuantely, that was recinded with the CPUTR 2008.

You need to come to an agreement to pay if that's what you're looking from here. CAG does not encourage debt avoidance. However, if they make mistakes and treat you unfairly, come back and let us know.

Good luck and best wishes...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Not anymore unfortuantely, that was recinded with the CPUTR 2008.

You need to come to an agreement to pay if that's what you're looking from here. CAG does not encourage debt avoidance. However, if they make mistakes and treat you unfairly, come back and let us know.

Good luck and best wishes...

Thanks, I have no wish to avoid debt, just exploring all options open to me due to my dire financial circumstances.

I will write to NW / Credit Resource solutions tomorrow and offer my previous payment plan again, which they were happy with.

Thanks to all for helping me on this one.

Really need advice here - as per comments above, the CCA looks enforceable. I have no wish whatsoever to avoid debt, I just have to explore all legal avenues possible due to current circumstances.

Given the production of an enforceable CCA, is there any worth in me SAR Nationwide direct for a copy of all documents, as I mentioned in the opening post, I have never, ever received a copy of a default notice or note of assignment. Been reading other posts that mention they went down this avenue after receiving enforcable CCA.

If this is not worthwhile, I am more than happy to pay this debt back, I have no issue with that.

Thanks for reading.

From what I've read here, they don't usually keep copies of the DN and the NOA, they make notes about sending them. Are they noted in the SAR? SAR anyway to see what unlawful charges have been levied against the account.

• Haha 1

From what I've read here, they don't usually keep copies of the DN and the NOA, they make notes about sending them. Are they noted in the SAR? SAR anyway to see what unlawful charges have been levied against the account.

Hi Thanks, I have not done anything yet apart from a CCA request to CRS, the DCA.

I will send off my SAR to Nationwide tomorrow and see what it throws up.

In the meantime, I will send a letter off to CRS advising as such.

Thanks for your help, advice and time - I really appreciate it.

Hello, could really do with some quick advice here.

I plan to SAR Nationwide, as I have never received any DN, Deed of assignment, account terminate notice, etc. etc.

I do not wish to avoid this debt, merely explore all options due to dire financial circumstances.

I have compiled my SAR, ready for the £10 postal order.

Am I wasting my time given I have received what looks like an enforceable CCA? thats the first question.

Second question - I plan to send the following to Credit Resource, the DCA advising them of my actions, is the following letter suitable?

Third question - should I re-instate my payment of £5 per month?

Thanks to all for reading, I appreciate it.

=================================

Credit Resource Solutions Ltd

Rosemount House, Rosemount Estate,

Huddersfield Road,

Elland,

West Yorkshire

HX5 0EE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxx

I refer to your copy of my credit agreement that I received on July xx 2009.

I thank you for the copy. Please be advised that regular payments to the account will now be re-instated.

This will commence on the xx of July 2009 by standing order as per the previous arrangement for £5 per month. (Your letter dated xx June 2009 refers).

I have enclosed a copy of the Subject Access Request that I have submitted to the Nationwide Building Society today.

Please take note that until all relevant documents are received by myself in relation to this account that I still regard the Account in Dispute. The regular payments are made as a goodwill gesture and to show that I have no wish to avoid this debt.

I thank you for your on-going co-operation and patience in this matter.

Yours faithfully

===================

If the account was already in dispute and then you stopped paying, fair enough.

If you think your account has charges leveid which are unlawful, put it in to dispute and send the SAR to the OC.

No need to pay anyone anything - only a county court if it ever goes to there ;)

Thank you ever so much -

I thought as much, just wanting a 2nd opinion really.

I will amend the letter to suit.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

If the account was already in dispute and then you stopped paying, fair enough.

If you think your account has charges leveid which are unlawful, put it in to dispute and send the SAR to the OC.

Thanks BabyBear, I have amended the letter. I am also sending off the SAR tomorrow.

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Had a letter today from Credit Resource, who advise that they have applied a £25 default charge to my account due to the payment arrangement defaulting.

Since the advice on here was taken on board, I am in a position to push this back to the DCA - thanks to you all for this.

I have replied stating the account is in dispute still, pending my legal request of a SAR.

I also copied in my letter from 2 weeks ago that I sent to them recorded delivery, originally advising this.

Will wait and see what they come up with next.

Thanks for reading.