You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
    • Pleased to hear that.   A general comment, for future readers of this thread, from my experiences of being an Executor.   Most large companies have a centralised 'Bereavement' department and I've found it's best to notify the death to them rather than the general customer service call centres. Search the company's website for 'bereavement'.   The bereavement departments are in my experience staffed by people who understand the processes when someone dies both for the relatives/executors and within their own companies and they get things sorted efficiently. (I've never had to use Vodafone's though).
    • Hi All, A simple question really. I received a NTK ticket on a lease vehicle last year from Parking Eye. As expected, they were adamant i was at fault and no payment was made. I highlighted to them that their signage no longer had planning permission and this was ignored however since ignoring this, they have gone quiet and have been for roughly 6 months now. I know they can claim for up to 6 years(??) after. As it was a lease vehicle, the RK was the lease company. PE were provided my personal address and had been communicating with me via letter there. I have now moved house and what i would like to avoid is them issuing court papers, something which i know PE like to do, me not being aware and eventually ending up with a default CCJ against my name. I appreciate i could write to them and update my address with them however i worry this may "Wake them up" a bit regarding my case. What is the best approach here?
    • Forget the warranty that means nothing and a warranty does not replace or over rule your rights under CRA amongst other consumer legislation. which state that outside of 30days but within 6mts its the sellers that is responsibility to confirm the item faulty, which has been done.   contact amazon with that proof and demand a replacement, refund or repair as they feel fit.        
    • Thanks BN   I take it this is a good sign then like you say. I certainly won’t be making any payments to them.
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
Debtcontrol

Debtcontrol V Nationwide / Credit Resource

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4004 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I have to say this forum is an excellent resource and I will be contributing to the cause when I get paid next!!

I made up my mind last week to stand up to these CRA's who have, after reading advice on here, been threatening me with hollow threats for months, if not years.

I have 9 CRA accounts, a mixture of credit cards & loans. The majority of these defaulted in 2003, a couple defaulted in 2004.

My original post is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/205013-paying-back-various-amounts.html

It is worth noting that I have never had to sign for any recorded/special delivery post from the lender or CRA.

I have also never received a Default Notice, or Notice of Assignment.

I have CCA'd all CRA's and cancelled all DD. Payments will be made by SO for £5 per month until it’s legally enforced for me to pay more. (I am confident that my financial circumstances are dire enough for them to have no joy if they wish to pursue through the courts).

This thread will talk about my battle with Credit Resource Solutions & the Nationwide loan they say they are pursuing.

Thanks for reading, more to follow!!!!

:confused:

Hello,

Not received a CCA acknowledgement yet, was sent RD on 20/06.

However, today I received the attached, confirming my request to drop the payments to £5 per month.

NW SO arrangement £5 220609.pdf

3349 monthly payments

:)

:D

3349 monthly payments

:D[/

Exactly.

I will have to pay them for the next 90 odd years!

Edited by Debtcontrol

WEll if you don't beat em, perhaps CAG will put them out of business by then:p

3349 monthly payments

:D[/

Exactly.

I will have to pay them for the next 90 odd years!

I was needing my supper last night!

I got a calculator out - 3349 months is 279 years!!! thats ridiculous!!!

Hello,

I have received a copy of something today with my signature on it.

Can someone in the know please have a look and advise?

Whats my next move?

Is it enforceable?

Thanks for reading.

P.S. I sent off an account in dispute letter yesterday (10/07) before I received this, as their time limit had expired on 09/07 - their letter was poststamped 09/07 but only arrived today - 11/07.

NW Loan sig copy 090709.pdf

Edited by Debtcontrol

Looks legit to me sorry...Maybe someone else can confirm?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Looks legit to me sorry...Maybe someone else can confirm?

Thanks for replying, I thought as much - what about the fact they provided it outwith the defined timescale, does that matter?

Not anymore unfortuantely, that was recinded with the CPUTR 2008.

You need to come to an agreement to pay if that's what you're looking from here. CAG does not encourage debt avoidance. However, if they make mistakes and treat you unfairly, come back and let us know.

Good luck and best wishes...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Not anymore unfortuantely, that was recinded with the CPUTR 2008.

You need to come to an agreement to pay if that's what you're looking from here. CAG does not encourage debt avoidance. However, if they make mistakes and treat you unfairly, come back and let us know.

Good luck and best wishes...

Thanks, I have no wish to avoid debt, just exploring all options open to me due to my dire financial circumstances.

I will write to NW / Credit Resource solutions tomorrow and offer my previous payment plan again, which they were happy with.

Thanks to all for helping me on this one.

Really need advice here - as per comments above, the CCA looks enforceable. I have no wish whatsoever to avoid debt, I just have to explore all legal avenues possible due to current circumstances.

Given the production of an enforceable CCA, is there any worth in me SAR Nationwide direct for a copy of all documents, as I mentioned in the opening post, I have never, ever received a copy of a default notice or note of assignment. Been reading other posts that mention they went down this avenue after receiving enforcable CCA.

If this is not worthwhile, I am more than happy to pay this debt back, I have no issue with that.

Thanks for reading.

From what I've read here, they don't usually keep copies of the DN and the NOA, they make notes about sending them. Are they noted in the SAR? SAR anyway to see what unlawful charges have been levied against the account.

• Haha 1

From what I've read here, they don't usually keep copies of the DN and the NOA, they make notes about sending them. Are they noted in the SAR? SAR anyway to see what unlawful charges have been levied against the account.

Hi Thanks, I have not done anything yet apart from a CCA request to CRS, the DCA.

I will send off my SAR to Nationwide tomorrow and see what it throws up.

In the meantime, I will send a letter off to CRS advising as such.

Thanks for your help, advice and time - I really appreciate it.

Hello, could really do with some quick advice here.

I plan to SAR Nationwide, as I have never received any DN, Deed of assignment, account terminate notice, etc. etc.

I do not wish to avoid this debt, merely explore all options due to dire financial circumstances.

I have compiled my SAR, ready for the £10 postal order.

Am I wasting my time given I have received what looks like an enforceable CCA? thats the first question.

Second question - I plan to send the following to Credit Resource, the DCA advising them of my actions, is the following letter suitable?

Third question - should I re-instate my payment of £5 per month?

Thanks to all for reading, I appreciate it.

=================================

Credit Resource Solutions Ltd

Rosemount House, Rosemount Estate,

Huddersfield Road,

Elland,

West Yorkshire

HX5 0EE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: − Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxx

I refer to your copy of my credit agreement that I received on July xx 2009.

I thank you for the copy. Please be advised that regular payments to the account will now be re-instated.

This will commence on the xx of July 2009 by standing order as per the previous arrangement for £5 per month. (Your letter dated xx June 2009 refers).

I have enclosed a copy of the Subject Access Request that I have submitted to the Nationwide Building Society today.

Please take note that until all relevant documents are received by myself in relation to this account that I still regard the Account in Dispute. The regular payments are made as a goodwill gesture and to show that I have no wish to avoid this debt.

I thank you for your on-going co-operation and patience in this matter.

Yours faithfully

===================

No need to pay anyone anything - only a county court if it ever goes to there ;)

• Haha 1

If the account was already in dispute and then you stopped paying, fair enough.

If you think your account has charges leveid which are unlawful, put it in to dispute and send the SAR to the OC.

No need to pay anyone anything - only a county court if it ever goes to there ;)

Thank you ever so much -

I thought as much, just wanting a 2nd opinion really.

I will amend the letter to suit.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it.

If the account was already in dispute and then you stopped paying, fair enough.

If you think your account has charges leveid which are unlawful, put it in to dispute and send the SAR to the OC.

Thanks BabyBear, I have amended the letter. I am also sending off the SAR tomorrow.

Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it.

Hello,

Had a letter today from Credit Resource, who advise that they have applied a £25 default charge to my account due to the payment arrangement defaulting.

Since the advice on here was taken on board, I am in a position to push this back to the DCA - thanks to you all for this.

I have replied stating the account is in dispute still, pending my legal request of a SAR.

I also copied in my letter from 2 weeks ago that I sent to them recorded delivery, originally advising this.

Will wait and see what they come up with next.

Thanks for reading.