Debtcontrol V Smile / Cabot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have to say this forum is an excellent resource and I will be contributing to the cause when I get paid next!!

I made up my mind last week to stand up to these CRA's who have, after reading advice on here, been threatening me with hollow threats for months, if not years.

I have 9 CRA accounts, a mixture of credit cards & loans. The majority of these defaulted in 2003, a couple defaulted in 2004.

My original post is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/205013-paying-back-various-amounts.html

It is worth noting that I have never had to sign for any recorded/special delivery post from the lender or CRA.

I have also never received a Default Notice, or Notice of Assignment.

I have CCA'd all CRA's and cancelled all DD. Payments will be made by SO for £5 per month until it’s legally enforced for me to pay more. (I am confident that my financial circumstances are dire enough for them to have no joy if they wish to pursue through the courts).

This thread will talk about my battle with Cabot Financials and the Smile loan they say they are pursuing.

Thanks for reading, more to follow!!!!

Hi,

Sent the CCA request on 20/06/09, had an acknowledgement back today, dated 22/06/09.

Any relevance as to why they have returned my £1 PO, saying they do not accept it?

Thanks for reading.

Hi,

Sent the CCA request on 20/06/09, had an acknowledgement back today, dated 22/06/09.

Any relevance as to why they have returned my £1 PO, saying they do not accept it?

Thanks for reading.

Hi DebtControl - the thumbnail is just that - any chance of making it a bit bigger?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Is of no relavence wether they accept the fee or not, they have acknowledged the request so the clock is ticking, if you receive nothing within after 12 days sent the 'account in dispute' letter

Cool...thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. Have tipped your scales!!

• 2 weeks later...

Had a reply from Cabot today, advising that they have not received the CCA yet, but want to apologise.

By return they will be receiving a 'Account in Dispute' letter.

Signed for on 22/06/09 - today being 08/07/09 - I'm thinking thats 13 working days right?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say I received a letter today stating that they were still trying to obtain a copy of my CCA.