You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Also, I should point out that you will win anyway – but you are making it much more complicated than it needs to be. If you simply raise the question of your statutory rights and his breach of obligation then the judge will give you a judgement in your favour within five minutes. Because you have raised pretty well every other issue bar that, the judge will have to consider the entire aspect of the defects and whether they do amount to a substantial breach of contract and whether they could have been repairable et cetera et cetera et cetera. Although you will eventually win, it means that the judge may have a complicated issue to decide and of course it will simply prolong the agony. Simply raising the fact that the dealer refused to comply with your assertion of your right to reject will bring the entire case shuddering to a halt in your favour and the judge doesn't need to listen to any other arguments. He simply needs to see your letter of rejection.
    • capquest cant send a CCJ anywhere...    
    • Jet2 need to give you the hotel you are being rebooked to. A change from "your previous hotel" to "no hotel" (as things currently stand)  is significant enough imho to ask for a full refund.   @monyl I think the problem is different here, since the holiday wasn't cancelled due to lockdown. On the opposite Jet2 are trying to do their utmost to not cancel the holiday, and find an alternative accommodation for the OP so they can get away with not having to provide a refund. To devil's advocate for a minute, I don't want to defend their business practice but I must say I understand that they're trying their utmost to avoid losing even more cash than they already have. They'll have to provide something that's "significantly" similar to what the OP requested though, to stand a chance to legally do so.    
    • What stage is your claim at now ?  You submitted it in Oct 19 ...has it been allocated yet ? Andy
    • Fair enough - I will just ignore it then. Thanks for all your help.    If the real Capquest send a CCJ to an old address where I no longer live and therefore I don’t know about it  - what are the implications of that - even if the debt is “statute barred” now?      
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4037 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

My husband and I have been dealing with our debts now for 4 years and we just can't do it anymore!!!

we owe so much and all our money goes on paying debts.

we have a monthly income of £2500

we owe £96k on mortgage, £50k unsecured and our house might get £140 we owe £19k to Lloyds TSB (credit cards & loans)

£5k to black horse (final balance after car taken)

£3k on other credit cards

£8k on car HP loan

£4k to overpaid Tax credits from 3 years ago.

omg that makes me cry just looking at it :(

we tried an IVA 3 years ago bu because our main debt is with Lloyds they wouldn't agree to it.

We are scared that if we go bankrupt the house will be taken and we will live in hostels with our 2 children (daughter is 12, son is 8. as i've heard the council are not obliged to rehome us.

We have no way of getting together deposit money to rent and we wouldn't even pass a credit search!!

any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi,

sory to here of your issues we had the same, but mosu of the debts were in my name and not hte wife`s, after looking into BR in Oct 08 gettign all the information regarding every debt i filled for BR in Feb 09.

Our house is in joint names with no cash in it at all therefore the OR was not looking to sell the house and as long as we paid the mortgage and the secured loan we could keep the house, but it has to be in joint names.

All the debts were wrote off in Feb 09 and we have not looked back since

our debts were credit cards £20k, Loans £16k, personal guantranee`s £775k, CCJ orders £32k

Now iam BR all the debts have gone totalin gover over £1million S*** loads we know but is was my business debts as well, however BR is not for everyone please look int alot before you go ahead, but it was the very best thing we did and we sleep much better now

cheers