lollipop2

Faulty car under warranty - am I entitled to a hire car if they can't give me a courtesy car?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4059 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there. I bought a brand new Seat Leon in Dec 07 and recently a light came on in the dash saying 'EPC' and when it does it's like driving a dodgem.

I phoned the garage and they said to bring it in and I'm covered by my warranty. They also said that part of their aftersales service says I'm entitled to a courtesy car from them but they can't give me that until the end of next week.

That doesn't help me at all as I'm going away in 2 days and need a car. I asked them if they could fund the cost of a hire but they said it's not something they can help with and I'd have to write a letter to head office. I don't see why I should have to fork out hundreds of pounds to hire a car when the whole reason I bought a brand new car was so I didn't have these problems.

I bought my new car from the dealership on the basis of their supposed aftercare but I'm seeing none of that now. What I want to know is whether I am entitled to them covering the cost of a hire car seeing as my car is within warranty and they will be leaving me without a car when I desperately need it most.

Hi there. I bought a brand new Seat Leon in Dec 07 and recently a light came on in the dash saying 'EPC' and when it does it's like driving a dodgem.

I phoned the garage and they said to bring it in and I'm covered by my warranty. They also said that part of their aftersales service says I'm entitled to a courtesy car from them but they can't give me that until the end of next week.

That doesn't help me at all as I'm going away in 2 days and need a car. I asked them if they could fund the cost of a hire but they said it's not something they can help with and I'd have to write a letter to head office. I don't see why I should have to fork out hundreds of pounds to hire a car when the whole reason I bought a brand new car was so I didn't have these problems.

I bought my new car from the dealership on the basis of their supposed aftercare but I'm seeing none of that now. What I want to know is whether I am entitled to them covering the cost of a hire car seeing as my car is within warranty and they will be leaving me without a car when I desperately need it most.

I would reccomend you cantact the dealership again and ask them to outsource you a courtesy car, they are telling you they dont have one untill next week because all theres are out to customers, if they where to outsource, this will cost them money, they are not thinking about you !

Seat have an agreement with Enterprise Rent a Car, this hire company supply all there overflow problems.

If you have no joy contact head office, if they are still reluctant to assist you inform them you will hire a car and forward them the receipt for reimbursment.

Hope you get things sorted.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Lollipop2, would you care to name the dealer? Reason i ask is that i think there could be many more people in same boat with this dealer---famous for not doing warranty work, or making it as inconvenient to customer as possible, so maybe they would take car elsewhere!!