Early Bond Closure, but no money

landakaqua
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's my letter to Abbey, which I sent today:

'I applied for an early bond closure on 12/13 May 2009 but the money has not been transferred to my Natwest account which I have stated on the bond closure form.

This application was done through the Cambridge Abbey Branch and my original bond certificate was sent with the form, and a photocopy of it was given to me.

Suspecting something amiss, I went to the Cambridge branch to enquire about my bond closure. They said that the bond has indeed been closed and they sent a note to one of the divisions of the bank to look into this matter and that the money should be with me in about 5 working days.

I waited, and when the money was still missing, so I went to the bank again. The same response was given (e-mail sent, wait for 5 working days) but at the end of the wait, the money wasn't there. This happened 3 times.

I asked to see the manager but they refused, completely disregarding my request while trying to figure out the problem, which they have obviously failed.

Today, I went to an Abbey branch in London and the same thing happened.

So far, I have been very patient and fair to the bank but patience has its limits. The officers told me that they would call me to update my on this matter I have not received a single phone call.

I feel cheated and even suffered financial losses due to the bank's incompetence and I will not hesitate to sue the bank for damages if I do not see any progress in this case. I shall wait for another 5 working days before I submit legal documentation.

For your reference my bond account number is XXXXXXXX'

As a consumer, what can I do? I'm really frustrated with the bank, as they seem to make empty promises all the time. My bank accounts are running low and my life has been a mess because the money hasn't arrived on time as they had promised. Please I'm really in need of advice.

Go into the bank and ask for their complaints guide. There should be a number for customer relations. Give them a call, explain your frustration(and check your natwest account in case they sent a cheque and it has been paid into the account). Explain a little compo for time and inconvenience. They have to investigate it so do not expect and immediate response but they will certainly give you a response.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf