Jump to content



  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Biden doesn't seem bothered about negotiating a trade treaty to suit the UK government's timetable. I don't suppose they saw this coming, not that the amount of trade involved makes up for what's being lost with Europe anyway.   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-usa-trade-deal-b1807616.html
    • No we haven’t mentioned divorce yet The fair split is I give him half the equity and anything he wants to take from the house  I just feel he is now being unreasonable because I won’t change my mind and take him back 
    • Hi.   Have you spoken to a divorce lawyer or has your husband? Trying to look at this from the outside, it sounds as if it would be better to agree a fair split according to divorce law rather than deciding between you.   Sadly, once money becomes involved things can become more complicated, but I'd have thought a divorce lawyer would be able to advise.   ETA: Here's some advice from the government.   HB
    • I forgot to say he keeps trying to make me feel bad as well about it being his mums money that went into the house saying he should be entitled to more of a share because it was his mum who left us the money that done the house up
    • Hi all I’m hoping for a bit of advice please    My husband and I are separating after 20 years together, been married 16 years this year I have a 21 year old son from a previous relationship who still lives with us in our 2 bed house which we bought in 2015.   We inherited a large sum of money back in 2017 after his mum passed away and we invested a lot into the house had it completely renovated.   The marriage has been more like a brother & sister relationship for many years and although I’d threatened to leave before I always just gave in and carried on but now I’ve had enough so have decided this is it.   I work full time, he is newly self employed and doesn’t earn as much as me therefore he can’t buy me out so he said I could buy him out.  We have 100k equity. First he agreed on 50k then he spoke to someone who said he is entitled to half of the value, not the equity so asked for 100k  I told him he wasn’t entitled, he agreed and changed back to 50k I have now got the ball rolling, been offered a mortgage and the paperwork is under way. Then he asked for another 1k which I have agreed to. I have paid out £500 to have his name removed from things so far. He has now said he thinks I’m up to something and is refusing to sign the paperwork to do with removing his name from the land registry. He says he is rethinking it and may not want to sell to me as all of a sudden he doesn’t trust me.  I keep trying to talk to him and he won’t. I’ve said my son and I need to know where we will be living but he won’t take my son into account says he’s old enough to live on his own.  We have racked up debts between us but the majority are in his name only, one of them is for sofa finance in my name only which I am keeping so he said he won’t pay that but expects me to pay half of the debts in his name as we both spent the money. My question is, can he change his mind now? Can he pull the rug from underneath me when he has agreed to sell to me but nothing is yet signed?  Is it right my son doesn’t come into the equation because he’s an adult although he’s my child and still lives at home?  We had been getting on up until this was said last night and it’s because I haven’t given in to him again I know but I need to know where I stand legally  Thanks 
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
       
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
       
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
       
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
       
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
       
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
       
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
       
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
       
       
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

dual citi/DCA entry on Credit File


Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3898 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Just in case anybody else is thinking of sending a Subject Access Request to experian this is the address I was given by them today over the phone ...

 

Customer Support Centre

PO BOX 1137

Warrington

WA 55 1ET

 

Cheques/Postal Orders for the Subject Access (£10)to be made out to Experian PLC

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...