• Tweets

• I would guess so dx which is why I've asked the OP to upload the original invoice.
    • ps i doubt the PCN says macdonalds?? MET dont operate a reverse trespass car park for mc'd's parkers going to starbucks...(occupants left vehicle claim) they only do that for the starbucks part  i bet you parked in the starbuck side and walked to MCd's? dx    
    • it is NOT A FINE.....this is an extremely important point to understand no-one bar a magistrate in a magistrates criminal court can ever fine anyone for anything. Private Parking Tickets (speculative invoices) are NOT a criminal matter, merely a speculative contractual Civil matter hence they can only try a speculative monetary claim via the civil county court system (which is no more a legal powers matter than what any member of Joe Public can do). Until/unless they do raise a county court claim a CCJ and win, there are not ANY enforcement powers they can undertake other than using a DCA, whom are legally powerless and are not BAILIFFS. Penalty Charge Notices issued by local authorities etc were decriminalised years ago - meaning they no longer can progress a claim to the magistrates court to enforce, but go directly to legal enforcement via a real BAILIFF themselves. 10'000 of people waste £m's paying private parking companies because they think they are FINES...and the media do not help either. the more people read the above the less income this shark industry get. where your post said fine it now says charge .............. please fill out the Q&A ASAP. dx  
    • Well done on reading the other threads. If ECP haven't got the guts to do court then there is no reason to pay them. From other threads there is a 35-minute free stay after which you need to pay, with the signs hidden where no-one will read them.  Which probably explains why ECP threaten this & threaten that, but in the end daren't do court. As for your employer - well you can out yourself as the driver to ECP so the hamster bedding will arrive at yours.  Get your employer to do that using the e-mail address under Appeals and Transfer Of Liability.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dual citi/DCA entry on Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first suggestion is to start your own thread, we will then give you advice on that.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not in my opinion anyway.

Entry on Credit file from a DCA, allegedly sold to them by a lender. Lender also had an entry but it has since been removed after my requesting the duplicate be removed by either of them (lender or DCA)

I sent a CCA request to the DCA shortly afterwards who responded with the 'we're looking/requesting it but in the meantime we've suspended your account while doing so'

With that in mind I wrote to Experian enclosing copies of the letter from the DCA showing that they did not have my credit agreement and the account was suspended...I also stated that the DCA have not provided a copy of the assignment notice from the original lender either.

Experians answer was to simply issue a notice of correction to the entry which does little or nothing as far as I'm concerned and went on to state that it is the DCA that needs to request the default removed.

Experian in my mind are a complete waste of time, they allow entries that quite clearly should not be there, they ignore all proof that you send in and they simply quote the usual 'we're not responsible for the data held'

So, to progress this? Raise a complaint with who? and send the DCA the 'processing of data' letter from the templates section?

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

I agree re the asking for a lot, however the default until recently was duplicated and the DCA has not as yet been able to provide an assignment notice let alone a CCA and we're almost 5 months on since the various requests went it.

The DCA have stated to Experian that they want the default to stay on and yet when pressed they have not supplied a shred of evidence to suggest they own the debt or can even enforce it.

• 4 months later...

or is it Hllsden Securities or Hillsden Securities Ltd, they seem to change with each and every letter.

In any case , I'm sure they've sent this to oodles of their alleged customers ..

http://www.partnerpick.com/userspace/user6730/hillsdenMar10.jpg

quoting the McGuffick case as their defence in collecting on a debt that they have as yet to supply a CCA for....

Their wording/interpretation leaves me a little confused, they of course are sending it back to their 'collections' depart so that activity can recommence? really, how nice of them but not from me it wont.

But anyway, they quote from guidance from the Credit Services Association (yes them oiks)..why anyone takes the Credit Services Association seriously is anyones guess.

But their interpretation of the judgement mystifies me in that 'bringing of proceedings is not enforcement'? Do they mean that by registering a ccj against you that it is not initself enforcing the debt? How is that? You don't pay a ccj and the plaintiff simply goes back to court for either a charge or bailiffs or whatever....but that to me in enforcement....

They may argue that the ccj initself is not enforcement but if that is the case then any action after that is enfocement (bailiffs charge) and as such cannot be taken....this leads me to my own interpretation that if they take a ccj and you don't pay it then they cannot take you back to court for bailiffs or charges etc...thus rendering the judgement useless and their collection of it null and void....

Of course this is second to the incorrectly assigned debt paperwork they've previously sent and charges added that they are not

legally entitled to do under the original credit agreement which I have and they dont and which I'm waiting for them to send me

almost a year ago of asking.

Bring in on I say....

Note: The above link is to paperwork they sent me direct, I've edited their barcodes/dates/account numbers out and any of

their strategically placed ref numbers in -1 print etc....sneaky are them.

remind them that even the Credit Services Association, say they cannot collect on a agreement untill one is produced. To quote from their FAQs "If you ask the creditor for a copy agreement (with a £1 fee) and this is not provided within 12 working days the agreement is not written off. It does mean that the creditor must stop collection on the agreement until one is later provided." That is so to speak from the horses mouth.

• 1 month later...

on a credit file and it's duration.

Default issued on a debt stays on the file for six years from entry, no problem with that....

and I'm sure it's one debt only one default notice......

but, if a debt is sold on in full title i.e full assignment...is the new owner of the debt entitled to enter a new default which may then extend the default (albeit in a different name etc)

thank you both for that....

I did have a double entry but have had that removed...

----

All my current defaults will drop off my credit file in less than 5 months but I am expecting at least two of the dca's to try and add them back at some point. I've kept all credit file entries/dates etc and took a snapshot of my credit file today but because I'm in dispute with a few dca's and I can see that one of them has recently credit checked me ...for what reason I do not know....but I expect the unexpected so to speak.

My thoughts too, there seems to be an upsurge in DCA's trying it on as a debt nears SB. I have also noticed that many of the DCAs just put 'card' making it more difficult to associate their entry with that of the OC. In my case I have the OC account as settled and on the same date a default is entered as a fresh file by a DCA which continues to update.

In my case I have the OC account as settled and on the same date a default is entered as a fresh file by a DCA which continues to update.

Yep, that sort of thing is what I expect....what if any action have you taken against them?

Are these idiots actually resident on our planet because they sure seem so far up themselves they're on Uranus...

Seldom do I get a letter that makes me laugh as much as this one today has

http://www.partnerpick.com/userspace/userAF9803/zinc1a.jpg

So, their 'indepth desktop investigation' has shown I own property...um do I now? - Some 'investigation' that was to bring up out of date/useless/non relevant/non factual information - STRIKE ONE!

Their client 'Citibank?' Um, that is news to me, the last activity on this account was me requesting a credit agreement from a different DCA some 9 months ago the interesting thing is the last DCA actually sent me a year or so prior to my CCA request an assignment that they owned the debt.... STRIKE TWO!

So who does own the alleged debt? I thought an assignment meant that the assigned (full title) owned the debt in full? Either Zinc or the previous DCA are fibbing or maybe they both are (shock horror)

Of course the account is still in dispute, no paperwork that I requested last year has been sent/offered so ZINC can sit and threaten to indulge themselves in my non existent 'owned' property as much as they can....but will I respond to their very kind/thoughtful letter or should I just ignore them? (opens file marked 'No Hope' and enters Zinc into the section marked 'No Hopers'

What idiots these people are, their letters are nothing more than bullying tactics and veiled threats but in reality they're as toothless as they are thick.

[ur]Anus is right, as far as I can see, as they seem to be speaking out of their collective orifice

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Report the original creditor for passing on a debt to many agencies AND for passing on a debt clearly in dispute.

And report Zinc for encouraging you to borrow against the equity in your property.

I too have just completed a thorough desktop investigation but I still can't find my blinking glasses.:grin:

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

What a hilarious letter filled with humour

''Our in depth desktop investigation'' Studying the paperclips and sharpners

''Your current domestic residence'' The place you call home

''Resolve this debt to everyone's satisfaction'' It is already resolved to your satisfaction :)

And you have to laugh at their address 93 HOPE Street surely that should be NO HOPE Street

Public Register logo.dark.gif

menu_arrow.gif

:: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0624362

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number Complete Credit Consultancy Limited6450797

Categories:

Debt collecting Provision of credit information services, excluding credit repair

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

Zinc Collections Zinc Commercial Recoveries Zinc Credit Management Zinc Recoveries

Issued Date: 31-Mar-2009

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 30-Mar-2014

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Sharon Wiggins

Nature of Business:

Other

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence25, Broadmeadow Lane, STRATFORD-UPON-AVON, Warwickshire, CV37 9FD, United Kingdom Principal Place Of Business25, Broadmeadow Lane, STRATFORD-UPON-AVON, Warwickshire, CV37 9FD, United Kingdom Registered Office29, Wood Street, Startford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6JG, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Registered Office29, Wood Street, Stratford Upon Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6JG, England

Dynamic.aspx?text=Back Dynamic.aspx?text=History

bkg.oft.gif

©Copyright 2007, Office of Fair Trading Version 1.0.2.16365

Partners In Enforcement: Office of Fair Trading, Consumers Association, The Information Commissioner, Financial Services Authority, OFTEL, The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets and every Trading Standards Service in Great Britain.

Your browser does not support javascript. The page you are viewing uses javascript for the following functionality:

To use the quicklinks navigation, and to use the back page function.

Please refer to the text only version of our website for alternative use.

main_logo.gif

Info and guidance on tools_to_help.gif

Company Details

spacer.gif

Name & Registered Office:

COMPLETE CREDIT CONSULTANCY LIMITED

29 WOOD STREET

STRATFORD-UPON-AVON

WARWICKSHIRE

CV37 6JG

Company No. 06450797

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Status: Active

Date of Incorporation: 11/12/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

6522 - Other credit granting

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2008 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2010

Last Return Made Up To: 11/12/2009

Next Return Due: 08/01/2011

Last Members List: 11/12/2009

Previous Names: No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years. [/url] There are no UK Establishments associated with this company. There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

bigBasket2.gif

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifbullet_type4.giftelephoneIcon.gif Contact Centre : +44 (0)303 1234 500 available 08:30 to 18:00 (UK time) emailIcon.gif Email:

Stratford address reminds me of Intrum Justiita who before Liverpool I think used to have some association with Stratford Upon Avon (either them or Bristows & Sutor.

Having said that I'm sure somewhere I read that Mackenzie Hall were in bed with them (are them)

As for reporting them, that is exactly what I'll be doing, bunch of idiots they are....how dare they, HOW DARE THEY....DO THEY NOT KNOW WHO I AM? :)