Bossme v Halifax / charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am with the Halifax have been since 2003. I have been charged a many times for O/D, S/O and failed cheques et. Halifax have written off charges three times after telephone calls but my last call they curtly told me take better care of my account. I understand the need for better organisation on my part which i have now implemented, but on discovering how much it really cost the banks to deal with defaults and the rude response of their customer services I have decidied to start the process to reclaim my charges. Can anyone advise the first steps please?

Paul

Hello and Welcome, Paul.

I've started a new thread for you :)

Have a look at this 'link'.............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 months later...

have just got my data back but it only goes back to three years. I thought they would send me old bank statements but instead i got what looks like sheets of bank data info that is almost impossible to discern where the charges are hidden. Anybody else ever get that? Fortunatley i have old statements anyway going bank to the begining so they cant hold me up!

My wife is with the HSBC and she got back old statements. Hers is easy to read where the charges are. Are those computer print out sheets a vaild form of data to send to customner by request? She has had alot more charges than me but we are going for the both banks anyway.

Hi bossme,

I recently got my SAR data from Halifax. It's not easy to figure out where the charges are, is it? Did you get an explanation of the codes (headed "Interpretation of Notations on Investors Accounts")? Look for the 94Ds. I highlighted all the 94Ds first (these are charges that I'd been notified of, apparently). Usually £28, £30, £35 or £39.

The data I got from Lloyds was much clearer (and they sent it faster).

Best,

FM