You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
borolad63

Swift loan Help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have a SAR from Swift but not exactly know what I am looking for within the SAR.

Why did you send for it? :confused:

eg. was it to obtain statements, account info, etc?

What have they sent you?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi Borolad,

Are you looking to claim back penalty charges? Was this a mortgage with Swift or a loan? Did you take out PPI at all?

We are awaiting the response to our SAR from Swift (40 days up next week) and will be looking to reclaim penalty charges and PPI which we believe was mis-sold.

Did they respond within the time frame to your request?

Will follow your progress with interest if that's ok with you:D

Good luck with whatever you are hoping to achieve!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi

Sorry for delay in answering back, problems with my internet connection (deleted my modem by mistake). I am in my local library at the moment.

I asked for my SAR from Swift in July 08. They sent me history notes, transaction history and repayment record.

The reason I asked for the SAR was that everyone I knew had asked for their SAR so it sounded like a good idea. The reason I first posted this tread was that I am unsure what to look for in the SAR.

Borolad

Did they send you a copy of your agreement also ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi

They only sent what I have already mentioned, no consumer credit agreement.

Borolad63

I would write back to them stating that they have NOT complied fully with your SAR.....when was their 40 days up to provide a SAR ?

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

IF it is now OVER the 40 days send them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION giving them 7 days to comply there is an example of one here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/178660-blackheath-loans.html

You should also state that they have not provided

· details of any agreements between lender/broker/packager, written or unwritten, in relation to commissions or any other payments

· Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager

I have being paying Swift £83.86 pm as per agreement for April and May

I have received from Swift a letter dated 20th May saying that I must pay my arrears plus extra £50 also that a total payment of £469.30 is required under the court order or they will issue the warrent for possession of my property.

I also received on 22 May asking for the monthly installments of £167.72 plus additional amount each month to clear arrears.

Now I am receiving phone calls asking for the payment agreement to start on 12th of this month

Edited by borolad63
put in my personal details

Here is my letter to Swift dated 30th March

30th March 2009

Credit Control Department

Swift Advances

Arcadia House

Warley Hill Business Park

The Drive

Brentwood

CM13 3BE

Dear Sirs,

RE:

I write with reference to the above numbered account to ask for your assistance with the current arrears situation which arose due to my experiencing unexpected financial strain over the last few months as a result of being unable to work through injury.

I agreed to pay £217.72 per month and have maintained this arrangement for the last month. However, I had to go into hospital for surgery to correct the problem and will find it difficult to continue to make these payments over the next few months – I will, of course, pay whatever I can during that time. Please see affixed letter from my doctor.

However, when I am recovered from the operation I will be able to go back to work and my earnings will return to the level I previously enjoyed before the injury, thus I will be in a position to increase the payments to clear the arrears. I have enclosed a cheque for £100 as part payment.

I trust you will be able to respond positively to my request for help and look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours

have being paying Swift £83.86 pm as per agreement for April and May

I have received from Swift a letter dated 20th May saying that I must pay my arrears plus extra £50 also that a total payment of £469.30 is required under the court order or they will issue the warrent for possession of my property.

I also received on 22 May asking for the monthly installments of £167.72 plus additional amount each month to clear arrears.

Now I am receiving phone calls asking for the payment agreement to start on 12th of this month

Here is my letter to Swift

30th March 2009

Credit Control Department

Swift Advances

Arcadia House

Warley Hill Business Park

The Drive

Brentwood

CM13 3BE

Dear Sirs,

RE:

I write with reference to the above numbered account to ask for your assistance with the current arrears situation which arose due to my experiencing unexpected financial strain over the last few months as a result of being unable to work through injury.

I agreed to pay £217.72 per month and have maintained this arrangement for the last month. However, I had to go into hospital for surgery to correct the problem and will find it difficult to continue to make these payments over the next few months – I will, of course, pay whatever I can during that time. Please see affixed letter from my doctor.

However, when I am recovered from the operation I will be able to go back to work and my earnings will return to the level I previously enjoyed before the injury, thus I will be in a position to increase the payments to clear the arrears. I have enclosed a cheque for £100 as part payment.

I trust you will be able to respond positively to my request for help and look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours

Last

Have you thought about getting the underwriting sheet from them ? As you got the loan through a broker, then it is likely that they have paid the broker a backhander !!!

Hi

Do you know if there is a letter I can use asking Swift if I can continue with my payments for a short period of time say next three months? and not go down the road of repossession or full monthly payment plus £50 as per court order.

Hi Borolad 63,

I have only just come across your thread can you send me a copy of your loan agreement by e-mail remove all your personal info from it, I'll send you a my e-mail address by PM I would like to have allok at please I may find something on it that will help you fight these heartless creatures.

sparkie

Hi Sparkie

Please see attached letter I sent to Swift.

Here is their reply

One hundred pounds is not sufficient for june payment.

My court order from February was to pay £217.73pm

They would accept £83.86 for April and May on the understanding that I increase my monthly payments bact to 2217.73

My court order is in arrears of £503 .16 and as I have not complied with the agreement they could demand full payment by return and arrange a warrant to be issued.

To avoid this course of action they require my proposals for payments over an above the court order and if accepted we shall require June payment to be made.

They will withhold action untill 22 June.

Your thoughts please

11 June 09 offering payment 2.doc

Hi Sparkie

Many thanks for your offer

Will dig out my loan agreement and send it off to you

Borolad63

Hi Sparkie

I have just sent of to Compliance dept asking for

Details of any agreement between lender/broker/packager.

Underwriting shett or other such documents recording any commission payments to an intermediary or packager.

Enclose your complaint resolution procedure.

Hi

Have just recieved this letter from swift.

As you are aware Swift has an order for possession, which means they can ask a baliff to repossess your home.

Swift would rather not evict me but have no alternative unless I resume payments and make some practical proposals to keep up regular payments.

I must make contact with Swift within 5 days or they will insturct solicitors to apply to the court for a warrant.

If I do not respond to this letter and Swift have to review my account again they will instruct their solicitors to issue a warrant. Solicitor charge £100, County Court £95 and further solicitor charge £211.50

Also if I pay within seven days of the eviction appointment I will incur further costs to cancel the arrangements for the eviction

Hi

Have just recieved this letter from swift.

As you are aware Swift has an order for possession, which means they can ask a baliff to repossess your home.

Swift would rather not evict me but have no alternative unless I resume payments and make some practical proposals to keep up regular payments.

I must make contact with Swift within 5 days or they will insturct solicitors to apply to the court for a warrant.

If I do not respond to this letter and Swift have to review my account again they will instruct their solicitors to issue a warrant. Solicitor charge £100, County Court £95 and further solicitor charge £211.50

Also if I pay within seven days of the eviction appointment I will incur further costs to cancel the arrangements for the eviction