Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Money Shop & 1st Crdeit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4028 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Well I hope this is the place to help me out. I've search through this site a bit looking for an answer and not found a case simular so here goes.


A while back a company I used to work for had to pay us via cheque as there was 'problems with bacs payments' for a couple of months so needing to pay my bills sharpish I went and cashed the cheques at the Money Shop as my bank account was overdrawn at the time. The first 2 months were fine but the third month the cheque bounced. I recived corispondance from the Money Shop stating that i owed them the £2,209.00 imedately as the payment had not been processed after the cheque had been presented twice. I handed this to my MD to sort this out straight away and thought this was the end of it. About 2 months later i recived a post card from the Money Shop saying that a collection agent would be calling at my home address to arange for collection of the debt. I also handed this to my MD and stressed that he resovle this matter urgently. In the mean time I had moved out of the premises that all the letters were being sent and changed the company I worked for. I heard nothing until visting my Grandmother to collect my post she said to me a company called 1st credit have been phoning for me constantly. In my post was a letter dated 4th June from 1st Credit with a headline 'Legal Proceedings' stating that they now intend to take legal proceedings against me.


Now normaly I woldnt be to bothered by what seams like an idle threat but I no long live at the address that all the corispondance is being sent to s this is my Grandmothers house. I don't appricate there constant phone calls and letter to her house when she has told them I don't live there.


I do not see this as my debt as I didn't bounce the cheque and have asked the MD of the company I was working for at the time to sort this out. Unfortanely the company is no longer trading and in the process of beeing wound up so I think they are chancing there arm at getting me to pay. And also stupidly I don't have a copy of an agreement I have signed with the Money Shop so I'm not 100% sure of the liability, if it is myself or the company. The cheque was from the company made payable to me and as far as I'm aware me signing the cheque on the back as the Money Shop request is just letting the Money Shop cash this on my behalf.


Your help would be much appricated as I hope to deal with this matter swiftly

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is your debt, and you will need to deal with this. Sorry.


As I understand it you had an agreement with them to assign the benefit of a cheque, or sell a debt if you will, to them.


They pay you for this (less a fee).


The debt you've assigned them is a lemon and so they are seeking the return of the fee they paid you for it.


Almost like wanting to get their money back on a faulty toaster they've bought or something.


In hindsight, it doesn't surprise me that the company is now being wound up.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly to stop the calls send 1st call the harrassment letter in the templates on this site.


Try and dig out the agreement you have with Money Shop and get it posted on here, blanking out your personal details.


and the experts on here and check them out for you

Train hard...Fight easy

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a note, I would think that this is a straight contractual debt, rather than a regulated agreement.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this your right there Kraken1

Train hard...Fight easy

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.


Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.


If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.


I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...


<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the swift reply. Sadly I'm in no possition to pay £2000 to anyone let alone for a debt thats isn't even mine. I have no intention of paying either 1st Credit or the Money Shop a penny let alone the full amount. So far I have not replied to any of there corispondance though I have asked for any further letters to be put aside for me and all phone calls to be logged. I have tried to contact my previous company to get them to settle this. I don't know whats the best way to go from here or if it is worth trying to take my previous employer to court over this.


I have had a look trhough all the paperwork I have for this matter and as such I have no copy of any agreement only a recipt for the cheque in question and alot of letters. To the best of my knowledge I don't think they provided me with anything and that i only signed forms which they kept sole copy of.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

but the debt is yours...


You entered into an agreement whereby the company advanced you money with the promise that you would pay them this back, and in security for this you assigned the benefit of a cheque.


Just because your security failed, does not absolve you of responsibility for the debt. They can claim off you, and then you need to claim off your previous employer.


A similar situation.


You owe 1000 to George. George buys a sofa and promises to pay the sofa shop once you pay him. You don't pay him. Does the sofa shop have a claim against you or George?


If your previous company is gone, then you are likely to struggle if you sue them. the golden rule is that you don't sue someone if they have no money or are dead. A dissolved ltd company is basically like a dead person. So:


What was the company - ltd, plc, partnership etc?

How closed is it? When did this happen?

Do you have any idea what the debts were?

Do you know if there were any guarantees in place from the owners?

How many employees were there, did any get paid?

What did the company do?


There won't be a consumer credit act agreement, this is a contract debt.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to agree, they 'advanced' you an amount from the cheque which subsequently was not honoured. They will have made sure that they are covered, you will have signed some indemnity for them.


You say that your previous employer is no longer trading, and therefore they would be in liquidation, or similar and you would have to register your claim against them for the amount of the cheque.


Unfortunately, handing the bounced cheque back to your MD to deal with was not the way to proceed as it was between his company and you. You will, I am afraid, have to deal with this problem the best way you can.


Sorry that there is no real help here, just advice.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...