• Tweets

• I hope you mean I try to help people stand up to bullying - and not do the bullying!   I'll assume it's a compliment!     Well - that sort of demonstrates that you've not understood my point and (perhaps?) haven't actually read the OP?   My point is that it is not the boyfriend (the supposed "owner" of the car park) who is posting, but his girlfriend who believes that he "owns" his car parking space.  Yes - it usually makes sense to believe that what the OP is posting is the truth, but in this case there is every reason to believe that there is a possibility that the OP might be mistaken about her boyfriend's ownership of the parking space, because...  well, how would she know for sure whether he does or not?  He might be boasting or lying or simply mistaken.  (My understanding is that many people who "own" flats are often under the mistaken apprehension that they "own" a parking space when they don't.  All the more reason then that somebody else other than the "owner" might be even more mistaken).   I suppose what I'm getting at is that I was a bit surprised that both you and dx100uk were able to give such definite and certain answers to the OP without exploring her situation a bit more fully and ensuring that she fully and correctly understood her boyfriend's rights in respect of the parking space in question.  I was simply concerned that without getting more information from the OP, then the replies given to her might prove to be less than useful.  I wouldn't want her to leave thinking that there was absolutely nothing to worry about and then find out there was because she'd been misadvised because she didn't understand whether her BF "owned" the space or not.   Of course, it may be that my concern here makes absolutely no difference to the answer that needs to be given to the OP because it doesn't matter whether her boyfriend actually "owns" the parking space or not, which is fine.  But sometimes I think it would be helpful to the OP (and other readers like myself) if some of these legal niceties could be spelled out rather than left unexplained.    
    • I've spoken to my son in law and because the gearbox can be very expensive to repair, he would prefer to reject the car.   The garage isn't going to charge storage at the moment.   I feel they have been mislead regarding the service history.   How difficult would it be to get the finance company on our side in rejecting the car and sending back to the dealer?
    • The first thing to say is that you better go ahead and refund the buyer because otherwise she will end up getting negative feedback as well. We will try and help you get your money back from Hermes. Have you made a formal claim through Hermes and have they formally declined you and giving you reasons why? Presumably the item was properly declared and properly valued when the delivery was booked. You don't say whether or not you took out their so-called insurance. Please start off by reading around the sub- forum focusing particularly on the Hermes threats. There are lots of them. Get to understand the principles in respect of the arguments – the insurance element, your third party rights despite the fact that you booked it through Packlink. Have a look at other people's experiences of having sued Hermes, the process of issuing the claim, the defence, the mediation and have a close look at the advice that we give about how to handle mediation. It's highly likely that you will have to issue claim papers so also read around to understand the steps you need to take to bring a small claim in the County Court. It's straightforward but understanding the steps will make you far more confident about what you are doing. Have you started a formal complaint against Hermes and Packlink?
    • Christmas Wonderland has been allowed to reopen because it sells real Christmas trees. View the full article
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

FOR YOU REFERENCE

IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974)

PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(0) AND 127(3) OF THE

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 Taken from sced.6(1983/1553) regulations

(If you just want to find out, skip the bits in between the stars it’s just some extra information)

**What do we mean by unenforceable?

In the Consumer Credit Act section 127 there is a provision for making an agreement unenforceable if it does not contain certain pieces of information.

Subsections 1,2,3,4 state which pieces of information these are, and everything mentioned there must be included within the body of the agreement, if one is missing the agreement is unenforceable.

How does unenforceable differ from enforceable with a court order only?

When an agreement is unenforceable it means that the court or the judge cannot make a ruling on it. The court cannot make it enforceable.

When an agreement is enforceable only by ruling of the court it means that the agreement can be stopped by the debtor but the court has the power to re-instate it and allow the credit to continue to enforce.**

The Pescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

--------------------------

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankyou, I look forward to recieving it.

In my opinion I think they know they can't take me to court - they've been chasing me for this and threatening me for 5 years now. I've had CCJs and I know how quick they turn around, and if they were going to do this, they could have done years ago.

EJSTOWELL

XXX

XXX

XXXX

DIRECT LEGAL AND COLLECTIONS

TRADING AS

HILLESDEN SECURITIES

BRACKLEY

NORTHANTS

DATE

ELEVATED COMPLAINTS

YOUR REF

DEAR SIR/MADAM

I AM WRITING IN RESPONSE TO YOUR LETTER DATED XXXX (COPY ENCLOSED) FOR WHICH THE CONTENTS HAVE BEEN NOTED.

IN MY LETTER DATED XXX (COPY ENCLOSED) I POINTED OUT WHY MY ALLEGED CONSUMER CREDIT AGREEMENT WAS UNENFORCEABLE.

I AM RATHER BEMUSED TO YOUR SHORT REPLY.

A DISPUTE TO BE RECTIFIED NEEDS THE PARTICIPATION OF BOTH SIDES.

I SUGGEST YOU READ MY LETTER AGAIN AND FOR YOUR BENEFIT I HAVE INCLUDED THE RELEVANT SECTIONS FROM THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT.

I REQUIRE FROM YOUR COMPANY A DETAILED RESPONSE TO EACH ONE OF MY ARGUMENTS IN ORDER AS THE APPEAR ON MY LETTER TO REFUTE MY ASSERTIONS.

UNTIL THIS IS DONE THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY.

IF THIS IS NOT FORTHCOMING, I WILL HAVE NO ALTERNATIVE BUT TO ESCALATE THIS MATTER.

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF GETTING INTO ANY NEGOTIATION WITH YOUR COMPANY OVER THIS ACCOUNT.

ANY DEMANDS FOR PAYMENT WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997 AND THE ADMINISTRATION OF JUSTICE ACT 1970.

IF ANY CLAIM IS MADE, I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO USE THIS LETTER IN COURT TO SHOW MY ATTEMPT AT SETTLING THIS MATTER.

A COPY WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING TO CONSIDER YOUR FITNESS TO HOLD A CONSUMER CREDIT LICENCE.

FOR YOU REFERENCE

IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974)

The Prescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interest

A term stating the rate of interest to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

--------------------------