• Tweets

• Hello, yesterday Barclays Bank put my account under review suddenly just i received a message about that to wait 7 days . I ve been to local branch and they didn't tell me any information saying to me to wait 14 days . The problem is I think they will take longer than they said and I can't wait so much cause I need the money for my own company and to live life daily. This situation its caused me a sever anxiety, I dont know what to do . I can prove that I m a self employed . Can somebody tell me what should I do ?  Some contact numbers or email addresses where can I text about this problem? I m new on this platform and I dont know how to manage this . Thank you
    • Hello yesterday Barclays Bank blocked my account with a substantial amount and I didnt get any reason for this issue why they put my account under review. I m a self employed and all the money blocked are very important to me to open my own company .. Can I get some information about what should I do in this case.  I ve been to the local branch but they didn't give me any information just to wait 14 days and I can t do that .
    • harveys are not the creditor, so them stating you should continue to make payments and you will not receive your payments back is immaterial.   the administrators of harveys are not your target. creation finance are.     these issues should be directed toward creation under p'haps a section 75 claim ....as they are the creditor ...they are equally responsible for the actions or inactions of either harveys or bensons.   we can appreciate you have had the usual run around, we are not indicating you have lied, merely pointing to the fact that you innocently believed what you have been told to date.   go get your moneyback and get the finance agreement cancelled.   dx 
    • you've not moved so until or unless you get a letter of claim via royal mail you ignore them.   as for anything on your credit file it should fall off after 6yrs.   dx    
    • 1st. it is not illegal for you, as the home owner, to open letters addressed to 'others' not resident at your address.   2nd because you did or did not employ the above, ultimately, this has led to a court judgement being handed down. the bailiff company have employed, quite rightly,  the methods that are legally available to them to trace the defendant.   rightly or wrongly they have traced you.   you need to write to the bailiff company concerned briefly explaining the above stating you are not the said person. you also need to write to the judgement court the same. you also need to write to the relevant rail toc    never use the phone.   dx      
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4032 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Right, so I have put in a CCA request with hillesden 14 working days ago and still nothing... what do I do know?

As background, I had a debt with Citi for £3.5k, they sold it to DLC and it's now £8.8k! I emailed them on June 4 asking for a CCA and statment of account, they replied saying it was being ordered. I chased yesterday and they replied saying my account was suspended whilst the docs were on order. However, I have passed to 12 working day limit, so what do I do now?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have stated that the a/c is suspended whilst they are trying to get the CCA so until they do there isn't much more you can do just now.

However if they do resume collection activities without providing the CCA you could send the 'in dispute' letter; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

That's great. They just say my account is on hold until further notice. I did recieve calls from them on the weekend chasing me for money. Can I send this now? While this is 'on hold', does it still effect my credit rating?

Yes you can send it off to emphasise the point.

They're not supposed to continue any collection activities whilst the a/c is in dispute, but to be honest the majority of DCAs continue to process data which includes updating credit files.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DLC have been sending me a letter every 21 days since they defaulted on a CCA request in early 2007. Letter simple says "Account is on hold, we are awaiting the documents from the original creditor, we'll contact you in 21 days" LOL

I wrote to them and told them to remove the entry on my CRA and they did.

Oooh, well yesterday they text me, I called them and said my account was suspended. They them emailed me asking me to contact them urgently, so I sent them the Account In Default letter, so fingers crossed they'll get off my case too.

• 3 weeks later...

You do not have to do anything, the a/c remains in dispute until they provide an enforceable CCA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yesterday I recieved an email saying that a copy of the agreement had been sent but no statements. They then asked for payment information. I said I would not be responsing until all of my requested documents were receieved. This is what they said to that

Dear Miss Stowell

Client: CitiFinancial Europe

We acknowledge receipt of your email received today, for which contents has been duly noted.

As previously advised in the interim we still require your payment proposals in respect to the outstanding balance.

Failure to respond within the next 7 days may lead to further action.

Yours sincerely,

Do nothing.

CCA 1974 Section 78 (6)

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Why would you offer a payment proposal for an unenforceable debt?

DLC are spineless - simply stand up to them and show that you know where you stand and they run off crying.

• 3 months later...

These people have started hassling me again. I've just had a heated conversation with one of their monkeys who have told me that a) they don't need to send me any documentation (they have sent the credit agreement, but not the statement) and b) that they've applied for a attachement of earnings.

I wrote to the stating that if they could prove that i owe them this money I'd be happy to make a monthly payment but I've heard nothing until today.

Any help would be appreicated.

2u7t9g1.gif

Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment and threats, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT ;

Consumer Direct - Contact us

OFT Complaint form

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

debtcollectionguidance@oft.gsi.gov.uk

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can You Google Photo Bucket And Post The Agreement Onto Your Thread, Deleate Personal Info And Use The Upload Link For Message Boards Without Thumbnails Option

If The Agreement Cant Be Read, They Have Not Complied With Your Request

What About The Other Docs Ive Mentioned

Any Of Them

Sorry, I don't have a scanner otherwise I would do that. Regards to the other agreements - I've had none, wel;l not that I can remember.

The monkey on the end of the phone told me they'd had no communication from me regarding documentation copies - even though I have email replies from them acknoowledging my request!

TO POST VIA PHOTOBUCKET

Go into photobucket and select the image you want to display, on the left hand side a box comes up with a title of "Share this image", if you click on the IMG entry it'll come up "copied".

Now if you go to your thread and post a new message, just CNTRL+V at the point you want to import your picture, it'll put a reference. When you submit the post it'll put the picture in the post. You can do this for multiple images so you'll need more than one browser window to swap between photobucket and this website.

Well Its Down To Them To Prove The Debt

Not You

Give Me An Hour And Ill Have A Letter For You To Send These Cretins

Ref Photo Bucket

Try An Internet Café Or Li Bary

Or Scan The Image And Save To A Flash Drive, Then Do It At Home

Sorry, I don't have a scanner otherwise I would do that.
If you have a digital camera you can take a decent picture using 'macro-mode'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]