Natwest Hardship claim been accepted?

jessie15

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Applied under the hardship ruling for reclaiming bank charges from Natwest. We have today received a letter from them stating the following: "Your claim has been accepted and that interest on your account has been frozen and that recovery action has been suspended pending the outcome of the OFT court case. You will shortly receive an offer letter from the Customer Relations Unit. Should you wish to accept the offer, sign and return your acceptance form and we will contact you whent he refund has been creditied to the above account".

My question is, what kind of offer are we to expect (our claim is for over £6000 including interest), dont know whether to get excited or not!!

Hi,

Applied under the hardship ruling for reclaiming bank charges from Natwest. We have today received a letter from them stating the following: "Your claim has been accepted and that interest on your account has been frozen and that recovery action has been suspended pending the outcome of the OFT court case. You will shortly receive an offer letter from the Customer Relations Unit. Should you wish to accept the offer, sign and return your acceptance form and we will contact you whent he refund has been creditied to the above account".

My question is, what kind of offer are we to expect (our claim is for over £6000 including interest), dont know whether to get excited or not!!

I think I answered this elsewhere ;)

It's a good sign but it is difficult to say how much they will repay.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

i too had letter today saying that they will send me an offer and that refunds can take upto 21 days to process but at the top of the letter it says and i quote" I refer to recent correspondence in relation to your financial hardship. Your request has been assessed and confirmed subject to regular token repayments as appropriate. This arrangement can continue, if required, until the result of the office of fair trading and uk banks court case outcome is known." the bit that confuses me is where it says about token payments could anyone shed some light onto this thanks :confused::confused::confused::confused:

i too had letter today saying that they will send me an offer and that refunds can take upto 21 days to process but at the top of the letter it says and i quote" I refer to recent correspondence in relation to your financial hardship. Your request has been assessed and confirmed subject to regular token repayments as appropriate. This arrangement can continue, if required, until the result of the office of fair trading and uk banks court case outcome is known." the bit that confuses me is where it says about token payments could anyone shed some light onto this thanks :confused::confused::confused::confused:

token payments can be something like £1

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf