You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

grayfray

Been overpaid rent and council tax benefit - I never informed them

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4036 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello can anyone offer some advice please, My wife and I have been receiving council tax and rent rebate benefit for 18 months. The amounts have varied from £19 per week to £40 per week and council tax from £3 per week to £9 per week the total amount of benefit for the 18 months is about £1750.

Here is the problem the amounts have been based on my wife earning £100 per week however she has been working overtime off and on for the 18 months which I would work out based on this overtime that we would not have been entitled to the rebate prob at least half of the time!

How can i work out when we were entitled to the rebate and when the times we was not,( so I have a figure to approach the benefits office and repay) over the 18 months my wifes company moved from weekly pay to monthly pay making it a bit harder to work out!

is there a formula the benefits office use, do they look at hours worked each week ( for instance 1 week in the month my wife did not work overtime so we were entitled but the other 3 in the month she did do overtime so we are not entitled?) or will they do an average calculation.

I have ceased claiming from yesterday.

Thank you

When wages vary I understand they use an average figure based on either last 2 months salary or last few weekly payslips.

Thank you for replying

I am going in tomorrow to face the music!:-|

My daughter is a Housing Benefit Contractor and her advice is to send your 18 months of payslips in and they will work it out for you. It is what you earn in the month that counts. They may ask for bank statements.

Thank you.