Norther Rock Loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers,

I have asked to pay reduced payments on a NR unsecured loan ( I was paying reduced payments up til a few months ago but then they said they wanted full payments again - didn't realise I should have challenged it). Since then paying full contractual payments. Am now struggling badly.

If they refuse my offer what shall I do then? I am a bit wary as I had a previous arrangement with them and they might be getting fed up with me now.

If they go for a CCJ what will happen then? I will have no defence as I do owe the money, just can't afford contractual payments.

I have already been down the CCA route a few years ago and they do have an enforceable agreement?

Many thanks.

Edited by fernack
sp

Hi Fernack

Firstly all payment plans are subject to review every six months and therefore you should have challanged it at that point.Paying the full amount as you have as demonstrated to the lender that you have the means.

The reality is however, if you are not making normal payments to an account be it P/loan or C/Card, at some point in time, a Court claim will be filed. These Companies as everyone knows, play rough, so why anyone would assume that they will be allowed to continue making nominal payments forever and a day, with the Bank's blessing, when and if they know you own a property is beyond me. More and more people are getting into difficulties with loans and credit cards, so the worse the situation gets, the more aggressive the banks and credit card Companies will become in enforcing debts.

Unfortunately due to recent climate and the credit crunch also taking into account NR,s current predicament, latest trends of turning non secured into secured loans via a charging order on ones property, will become the norm with monies of this value.

As far as I'm concerned, if you know how to deal with these situations to achieve the best possible outcome from day one, you stand a much better chance of getting rid of or stabilizing debts to an affordable amount and moving on with your life. This has to be preferable to finding yourself living with the constant uncertainty regarding what the creditor might do next, and unable to plan for any sort of future for you and your family.

I would write again and explain your circumctances and try to renegotiate a fresh payment plan.Keep all you paper work safe and create a papertrail you might need it one day.

Regards

Andy

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi .. Me again.

I sent the letter to NR asking for a payment arrangement 23/6/9 and paid the amount I could afford (approx 2/3 of contractual payment). I have had no reply from NR at all, should I write again asking for an arrangement or just wait for the inevitable default notice?

I do not want to avoid paying this loan ... I did sign up for it and spend the money, just having difficulty paying the full contractual payments.

Thanks, Fern

Hi .. Me again.

I sent the letter to NR asking for a payment arrangement 23/6/9 and paid the amount I could afford (approx 2/3 of contractual payment). I have had no reply from NR at all, should I write again asking for an arrangement No or just wait for the inevitable default notice? if needs be but maintain the amount you can afford

I do not want to avoid paying this loan ... I did sign up for it and spend the money, just having difficulty paying the full contractual payments.

Thanks, Fern

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread