Scottish Girl

Help Debt Gregory Pennington.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3532 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I am currently on a payment plan with Gregory Pennington but i am finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with payment as this is £100 per month.

I had to call GP this morning to let them know i was unable to pay this month as i had a massive bill from BT (setup charge) as i have recently moved house.

For the next 6 months i have to make payments of £116.67.

I am currently unemployed, single and have a 3 year old son and im left with no real money per month, when GP contact me every 6 months for my review and i tell them my outgoings they reduce it to fit with me being able to pay the £100 easy.

I have been with GP for over a year now but im finding it increasingly difficult to pay them along with my everyday living expenses.

I really want to go to college but cant as i have all this debt to pay off.:Cry:

At this moment in time i want to run away and hide from all my debt.

When i started with GP my debt was at £3624.69 with 8 different companies, with the charge GP add every month the total i have to pay is £4849.69.

I really cant afford this any more and i have no idea what to do next, when i try and talk to my parents they dont help they will just lecture me about my debts.

I havnt incurred any more debt since i started with GP and i am trying to sort out this mess i made myself.

Does anyone have any ideas on what i can do?

Please HELP!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this :D

sorry but who is/what are gp?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

opps try again....sorry

what are gregory pennington?

DCA?

solicitors?

debt management co.?

credit card co.?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

You need to get in contact with Payplan Debt Management Plans, Free Debt Management Company and IVAs | Debt Advice | Payplan who do Debt Management Plans FREE. Your £100 a month will go straight to paying off your debt and not to pay any fees. £100 a month would pay off £3624 in just over 3 years. However it sounds like you are struggling to pay £100 every month, so I suggest you contact National Debtline Scotland phone: 0808 808 4000

website: National Debtline Scotland – Free Debt Advice & Debt Management Tools , who will be able to discuss different options with you.

There is plenty of free help out there - don't waste money you can't afford on paying the likes of GP.

Good Luck

Suzi

Edited by suzieblooz
added a bit

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

as above you could use one of the free services or do it yourself,

can you give a rough guide on who you owe money too and rough amounts and if this is for loands catelogues etc?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi again,

Ace catalog - £209.76

Bank of Scotland plc (credit card) £1154.00

Bank of Scotland plc (overdraft account) £550.00

I have canceled my accounts with the Bank of Scotland.

Dell financial Services - £500.00

Studio catalogue - £557.45

Roxburghe International ( collection agency) £169.48

Littlewoods Catalogue- £484.00

The balances where alot smaller to start with but after struggling to pay out the minimum every month my interest and charges causes the debts to go through the roof.

I have been paying off £100 (25 fees) for just over a year now so i owe less on all off the above accounts,i haven't received a statement from GP to find out the actual amounts.

oh!! sounds like there is a mountain of charges to reclaim here.

dx

spreadsheets 

blimey what rip off merchants!

do it yourself for free!!

dx

spreadsheets 

Hi SG,

for ace catelogue, dell, studio, rox and littlewoods.

i would send them a cca request, this entitles you to check all paperwork is in order. you need to include a £1 po and send them recorded delviery.

edit this:

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:- Account No: XXXXXXXX/Your Reference Number: XXXXXXX

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.77 will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

You should also note that I will only discuss this matter in writing and should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you or any of your associates.

There is only an implied license under Scots Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

if they do not have a valid cca then you are within rights to withold payment or put you in a great position to offer a reduced full and final or anotherhing is youc ould rclaim charges on them to reduce or clear the balances but start off with the cca.

for your BOS cc and overdraft:

there will be charges that you can relaim to reduce these. you should send them and sar which will give you all the charges etc for the last 6 years. you would need to include £10 postal order and send recorded again.

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

n.2 in the link.

in the meantime if you want to make offer of payments to them if you sit down and work out and income and exp sheet to see how much YOU can afford to pay them them write to them yourself.

you can find template letters here to use:

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I have used Debt Free Helpline for sometime now and they are really professional and handle everything for me.

All the best

Vicky

Edited by Rooster-UK
Web address de-linked.

From what it sounds like you want to pay your debt. I would talk direct or deal with free DMC companies - You mentioned that you got a statement from GP. This is NOT a statement from your creditors and may not reflect the true balance with them - Also put yourself in GP shoes. They make money while you are in arrears - their advise is not going to help because if they get you out of arrears qucikly they loose money - As for everyone elses advise I find it appalling. Sure there are ways to get OUT OF DEBT but it doesnt make it honest or right! The same people giving this advice would frown upon someone my age walking into a shop and stealing a tv. Which is effectively what you would be doing by taking their hipocritical advice. Not only that but for every person that gets out of paying debt or gets refunded bank charges - the new customers taking loans get higher interest to cover the loss so your conning your friends and family !

As for everyone elses advise I find it appalling. Sure there are ways to get OUT OF DEBT but it doesnt make it honest or right!

So I advice Scottish Girl to go to a free debt management company and you find that advice appalling......in what way? No-one on here is advising anything dishonest. Going to a free debt management company is not the same as 'stealing'. You still pay back your full debt, you just don't get charges a ridiculous fee in the process which means your money is paying off your debts faster.

As for claiming back charges - there's no dishonesty involved in that either. And in case you haven't noticed, this thread is 8 months old, why dredge it up to 'have a go' - or do you work for GP/ a bank?

• Haha 1

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

opps try again....sorry

what are gregory pennington?

DCA?

solicitors?

debt management co.?

credit card co.?

dx

what a snide man he is.....he wanted to join the old BANK ACTION GROUP IN 1992 when me and a few others began action against banks this creep cant think of a better word but he promised then he could probably help PROVIDED HE GOT PAID the mans a leacher ..thrives on peoples misery if i were the one strugling to find 100 then upped to 116 i would tell him to go jump in river dee close to his house .....just make out a expenses sheet and list everything on it and whatever is left wether its 20 quid or 50 quid that is all you can afford he has ripped you of already by adding extra charges so he can take it or leave it no judge in the land would accept these extortinate prices so tell him bog of

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

So I advice Scottish Girl to go to a free debt management company and you find that advice appalling......in what way? No-one on here is advising anything dishonest. Going to a free debt management company is not the same as 'stealing'. You still pay back your full debt, you just don't get charges a ridiculous fee in the process which means your money is paying off your debts faster.

As for claiming back charges - there's no dishonesty involved in that either. And in case you haven't noticed, this thread is 8 months old, why dredge it up to 'have a go' - or do you work for GP/ a bank?

very very good advice go for it tell gp bogg off

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

i have been with my debt management company for the last 18 months now, before joining them i was with a free company, i did get very good advice but to be fair it wasnt that great, i was pretty much told how i could deal with my debt myself, write letters to the companies i owed the money to, and make an offer explaining it was all i could afford. with working and looking after 3 children i didnt have the time or the patience to deal with all the calls and letters. it was then i approached the company, and yes i paid a fee, but they do it all for me, i dont get any calls or leters any more, i dont even have to think about it, one simple payment to them each month and jobs a goodn!

money well spent

I got in touch with Pennington and today got their letter.

They claim I have debts of £12.400.

After them doing a income and outgoing flow chart they have informed me that my income is £1300 a month and that I can afford to pay £645 a month to a payment plan.

50% of my income.

That will leave me enough to pay my rent and have £90 to live on for a month.

God knows what I will do for food and essential bills.

Oh the £1300 is before tax, insurance etc.

They have informed me that.

From the information you have given, we have calculated that after we allow for all your essential day to day living expenses you can realistically afford a monthly payment of £645.00 to repay your creditors and this is the amount you should pay into the payment programme at this time. Your first payment of £645.00 is due to be paid by the 29 April 2010.

They then go on to tell me that the first payment is their setting up fee and that I will therefore be 1 month in arrears on the payment programme to start with.

Their fees will be deducted each month before they pay any money to my creditors.

I have this morning been to the CAB and they have given me a pack to fill in and then advised me to talk to the Debt Advisory Council at Birmingham.

The CAB also informed me that from information they have received from others that Penningtons do not make the payment to creditors immediately on receiving payment from me. They make the payments anything up to 30 days later, thereby placing me 2 months in arrears with my creditors. This is what they claim is normal banking procedure because they would be getting interest on my money.

I spoke with a friend of mine also last week, (that's why I ended up at the CAB), he said he had a plan with Penningtons and it cost him dearly to get out of but now what he pays to his creditors is off of the balance, he also got all interest stopped for 6 months from his creditors with the open option to talk to them again in 6 months time.

He has said it will take him about 3 1/2 years to get clear but it will be worth it in the end.

One of his main reasons for telling me not to use Penningtons is that should after I start paying in to a payment plan I should be ill and unable to make the full payments I can be worse off as they will still take their charges and then dump me leaving me to sort it all out myself.

After discovering how to sort this out I will not be using Penningtons.

And I will be saving money to use towards my debts.

Whilst doing this posting I have spoken on the phone (mobile pay as you go O2 with 100 free minutes a month) to 2 companies I owe money to. They have both agreed to cancel any further charges for 3 months whilst I sort out my incoming and outgoings chart. 1 of them has agreed to reduce the amount owed by deducting the last 4 months charges.

This company also told me that I should have spoken to them sooner as they can help me get full sound advice.

They also informed me that all reputable companies have a department that can assist with regards to debt and can do so even after they have started court action.

Wish I had known all this sooner.

Hopefully I can now start to sleep easier at night.