You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

tottyhaggis

cannot pay unsecured Bank loan and Credit card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Can anyone please advise me on the following problem.

(I live outside the UK since 97)

I have a HBOS account and haver since 1996 had a loan with the bank which is completed in 2.5 years time, I also have a Creit Card with approx 8,000 outstanding. I have paid on time and without interuption the monthy paymenst on the bank loan and CC (CC usual minimum payments made by DD) and some manual payments to the CC, without problems fro the last 11 years.

So Last year I lost my job due to the banking crisis, and managed after several months to get a new job, but at 60% less salary than before. The Banks here in Germany are as bad as the UK and I lost my Overdraft facility and backup from the bank. To survive something must go and I cannot afford to sell my home here after all the investments I have put in. I can survive but only if I reduce my outgoings and the only unsecured debt I have is in the UK.

So if I try to reduce the amounts I pay them through a payment agreement it will work, but I have a feeling they will not listen and I will default on my UK loans. Can someone advise me what the out come will be, can they come after me in Germany and cause me debt problems here?

Thanks for your advice. tottyhaggis@yahoo.co.uk

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/205289-overseas-hsbc-debt.html

the uk do not have a reciprocal agreement with Germany. if you are not worried about any credit files in uk then they can ask you for payment but really cannot take it any further.

just write to them with a payment proposal and just stick to what you have offered and just keep paying it even if they do not agree to it,.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Thanks for the information, I have every intention of completeing the obligation in full but I need time to get back on track.

Again Thank you.

Thanks for the information, I have every intention of completeing the obligation in full but I need time to get back on track.

Again Thank you.

Admirable. However, if you lived over here I can guarantee you they would hound you enough about it to question your own sanity.

If you can pay, pay; if you can't ; come to an arrangement. HBoS can be pretty nasty, though. I should know!