You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

telrac

Moving the goalposts!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4033 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After waiting for a response to my ppi claim relating to my Egg Loan, I have now been told that they don't actually have to deal with this within the 8 week period as this is merely a guideline suggested by FOS! I first wrote to them in February (stupidly did not send recorded delivery) and then sent 2nd letter in April. They claimed not to have received first letter and said their 8 week investigation period was commencing with receipt of my April letter. Their 8 weeks is up on Thursday of this week and being an impatient kind of gal I rang them yesterday for an update - this is when they kindly informed me I should not necessarily expect a response within the 8 weeks as they are very busy at the moment "thanks to the media stirring everybody up" and they would deal with as soon as possible in their own time! I live in N I and would love to issue Proceedings once the 8 weeks is up but can I issue in the NI courts (seeing as me as Plaintiff lives here) or would I have to go through English Courts? Please help!!:|

After waiting for a response to my ppi claim relating to my Egg Loan, I have now been told that they don't actually have to deal with this within the 8 week period as this is merely a guideline suggested by FOS! I first wrote to them in February (stupidly did not send recorded delivery) and then sent 2nd letter in April. They claimed not to have received first letter and said their 8 week investigation period was commencing with receipt of my April letter. Their 8 weeks is up on Thursday of this week and being an impatient kind of gal I rang them yesterday for an update - this is when they kindly informed me I should not necessarily expect a response within the 8 weeks as they are very busy at the moment "thanks to the media stirring everybody up" and they would deal with as soon as possible in their own time! I live in N I and would love to issue Proceedings once the 8 weeks is up but can I issue in the NI courts (seeing as me as Plaintiff lives here) or would I have to go through English Courts? Please help!!:-|

You will have to ask the court question in the legal forums on the site.

If they do not respond to your claim on mis-selling PPI within 8 weeks you can then put it in the hands of the Financial Ombudsman Service. This will take longer but the FOS are upholding 90% of claims. You will have no court fees to pay a lot less paperwork and a complaint will mean a fee of £500 to be paid by egg to the FOS.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.