You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
1pc1

Walk Away From Debt - Ebay Auction Ad

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4028 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was having a browse on ebay and came across an auction claiming that you can walk away from debt if you buy the info. I bought it as it was only a few quid and thought I would post it here for opinions.

Is the following system legitamate in the UK.

Ta

Les

The System

Here is where we take action.

For each unsecured loan, credit card or overdraft provider, you send a copy of the following letter, just fill in the blanks and amend as necessary.

From this point onwards, you need never pay another repaymentJ

Your Name

Your Address

Date

Company

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Credit Card/ Unsecured Loan etc. **** **** **** **** ****

I would be happy to pay any financial obligation I might lawfully owe as soon as I receive these three documents.

1.validation of the debt (the actual accounting)

2.verification of your claim against me (sworn affidavit or even a signed invoice)

3.a copy of the contract binding both parties

Furthermore, I will not enter into any verbal communication over the telephone. I will only accept written responses for my records.

I have attached a copy of your statement dated

Yours faithfully,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Your name

Explanation.

Firstly, you are offering to pay any outstanding debt.

Secondly, you are asking for 3 pieces of Information from the lender, which you are legally entitled to do.

1)Validation of the debt, the actual accounting.

As in the goldsmith example, you saw how the money was materialised. As the lender never sustains a loss, they cannot validate the debt, because it doesn’t exist. They will not provide the actual accounting, because obviously their books balance, and a debt cannot be proven.

2)Verification of your claim against me. (sworn affidavit or signed Invoice)

They cannot verify a claim, because yours is not the name they are billing. The name on your card or loan is not exactly as it is on your birth certificate. Notice that you receive a statement of account each month, It is NOT a bill or an Invoice, therefore does not have to be paid.

3)A copy of the contract binding both parties.

They cannot produce a copy of the contract, because one doesn’t exist. What exists is an unenforceable unilateral contract. What the banks refer to as “Your contract with us” is not a valid bilateral agreement since the four requirements of a lawful binding contract were not met on your initial credit application, namely:

1)Full Disclosure (You were not told that you were creating credit with your signature).

2)Equal Consideration (They bring nothing to the table, hence have nothing to lose).

3)Lawful Terms and Conditions (These are based on fraud, as the money never exists).

4)Signatures Of The Parties Meeting Of The Minds (Corporations can’t sign as

they have no right or mind. They are legal fictions.

The thing to remember at all times is to treat this as a game. Once the lenders receive your letter, they know that the game is up.

Despite this, they will try in earnest to get you to pay.

They may try phoning you, never discuss the matter over the telephone. Only ever correspond in writing and keep copies. If they start harassing you, send this letter:

Your Name

Your Address

Date

Account reference.

Dear sir,

I am writing to express my serious concerns regarding the telephone calls that I have received from your company.

I am now formally requesting that all further correspondence be made in writing only.

I demand that these phone calls stop immediately. I am familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970 and I believe your harassment places you in breach of these acts.

If you continue to call, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and, as such, I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request and I will deem it served by (FULL DATE), I am advising you that any calls received after this date will be recorded with the intention of them being used as evidence.

Yours faithfully,

Your Name

Now we both know that the lender cannot provide you with the evidence of debt that you’ve requested. When they write back to you, simply acknowledge receipt of their letter and send a copy of the original request back to them. See below:

Your Name

Your Address

date

Company

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Credit Card **** **** **** **** ****

Thank you for your letter dated , however, you have failed to provide the documentation I have requested.

Please refer to my original letter dated (copy attached).

Yours faithfully,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Your Name

Each time they fail to supply the requested Information, simply resend this letter.

Now at this time, I recommend subscribing to access to your Online credit report.

The main two are Equifax and Experian.

Should any adverse action be added to your report, you will be Immediately Informed.

The most common things that lenders try, is to either mark down late payments or defaults. As you’ve not defaulted, merely requested information, the entry on your credit file is unlawful. And you can request It’s removal. I have seen complete accounts removed from peoples credit files.

Here is the removal letter to send to the lender:

Your Name

Your address

Date

Company

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re. Credit Card **** **** **** ****

I have been informed by credit referencing agencies that you have placed a mark for non payment against my credit file.

The mark must be taken of immediately since I have offered payment but you are apparently unwilling to provide the correct information (refer to my original letter dated 16th July 2007) and therefore it is you that is in violation, not me.

Please remove the mark.

Yours faithfully,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Your name

Should the credit mark not be removed, send a copy of the above letter directly to each of the credit reference agencies. These agencies are obliged to Investigate the matter, and give the lender 30 days with which to prove their claims against you.

Here is the letter:

Your Name

Your Address

date

Experian

PO BOX 7710,

Nottingham,

NG80 7WE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please find enclosed a copy of a letter sent to (Lender) for your records.

Yours faithfully,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Your name

The only outcome remaining now is if the lender decides to use a debt collector to attempt to reclaim the outstanding balance.

A debt collector is a 3rd party, who has absolutely no bearing in your matter with the lender. Never deal with them, simply send the letter below to stop them in their tracks.

Your Name

Your Address

Date

Account Ref

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence dated .

I have been advised that third parties have no legal standing in this matter and therefore I will not deal with third parties, I will only deal with the bank concerned.

Furthermore, I do not give you permission to interfere with my commercial affairs and so must decline any further communication.

Yours faithfully,

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Your Name

Now please don’t worry about so called threats.

The only people who can ever request money from your doorstep legally are Council Bailiffs.

The letters will do the trick, I just added that for your peace of mind.

So to recap:

The lender can’t take legal action against you, because he has no evidence. You have requested it, they have failed to provide it.

If they do take the matter to court, apart from not having any evidence, the lender will be publicly highlighting their [problem], which obviously they wish to keep quiet, otherwise everyone would follow this procedure J

Debt Collection agencies have no legal standing in your affairs, so don’t give them permission to do so.

The lenders know the game is up when they get your letters, keep strong, and just follow the procedure outlined.

The same process works no matter where In the World you are. Simply Google your countries Credit Reference Agencies.

At this stage, I appreciate that you consider It a leap of faith.

So dear friend, take action, and Walk Away From Debt.

The whole process usually takes 6-12 months, you’ll know you’ve done the trick when the lenders stop writing to youJ

Wow...its all so easy...however......I couldn't see the letters for dealing with County Court Claims or Stat demands whilst this process is going on!

Live Life-Debt Free

Seen all this on the net the other night. All free.

They will sell anything on eBay.

Can't see anyway it can work to be honest.

alfwithhair... where did you see it, can you send details of where to go.

Thanks,

charlie*

PS: you can't see how it works because you do not have this special knowledge or insight. You need to know how banks operate - their innermost secrets.. like where does all the money come from :-)

PPS, I've got hair too... well some - just enough