You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

RoadToRecovery

RTR vs Egg

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3820 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Starting a new thread for my egg card CCA request. Process was started one month ago, not heard response to anything yet but timeline is below to date.

23 May - CCA request (sent recorded)

17 June - A/C in dispute letter (sent special delivery)

Is there any reason NOT to use the pt (CPR) method at this point to try and get a copy of the signed agreement?

Things are moving along. They have steadfastly refused my reduced payment offer (which I am glad about tbh as we can barely live off the money we now have).

Egg today phoned to tell me they would be putting the account into default despite the account being in dispute. The guy claimed the account being in dispute meant absolutely nothing to them:(:confused::confused:

Do any of the CC companies actually care or observe any consumer law?

Strangely enough I received the original agreement today. I have read many threads and still am unsure on how to determine the validity of the agreement I have recieved. It does mention a credit limit, but not what the limit is.

Also it appears the signature box was on a seperate sheet as there is a staple mark in the photo copy, but this might be me clutching at straws.

If someone with more knowledge would have a look at the document I received, I would be very grateful.

Page 1

EggCCApage1.jpg

Page 2

EggCCApage2.jpg

Hmmm, having read lots of threads about egg agreements this one does appear to be identical to many on here and the consensus has been they are unenforceable.

I haven't read any threads where a user has been through the court process with an egg agreement?

Anyone been through the wringer with an egg agreement?

tia

rtr

Since receiving the above I haven't heard anything but was told in the last phone call the a/c would be going into default.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Do I wait for them to pursue me and eventually go to court on the basis the agreement is unenforceable?

Thank you in advance.

Since receiving the above I haven't heard anything but was told in the last phone call the a/c would be going into default.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Do I wait for them to pursue me and eventually go to court on the basis the agreement is unenforceable?

Thank you in advance.

The prescribed terms appear to be there and I assume that there is a signature on this document.

You would need to look through the comments on other Egg threads, just to get a better idea.

Was this one document, back and front, or 2 separate pages.

Thanks vint. I was thinking this agreement was the same as others that appear unenforceable due to the term "Approved limit" being used. I will do some further research. Thanks for stopping by, it's a lonely struggle at times!

Received a letter from Egg today;

Dated 6th August

"Your Egg Card account has been terminated".

The letter goes on to say I have failed to comply with the terms of the Statutory Default Notice. It also goes on to say the a/c will now be passed to an external debt collection agency.

They have never sent me any default notice. The last crrespondence I had with Egg dated 7th July was their reply to my CCA request. In the grand scheme of things me not receiving the DN is not a big deal as I couldn't have complied anyway.

Why would they pretend to have previously sent out a default notice when they haven't???

Dated 6th August

The letter goes on to say I have failed to comply with the terms of the Statutory Default Notice. It also goes on to say the a/c will now be passed to an external debt collection agency.

They have never sent me any default notice. The last crrespondence I had with Egg dated 7th July was their reply to my CCA request. In the grand scheme of things me not receiving the DN is not a big deal as I couldn't have complied anyway.

Why would they pretend to have previously sent out a default notice when they haven't???

Hi RTR,

The DN is important, especially as they have follwoed withe termination. If you are sure that one has not been sent, then write to them imediately, advising them of this and request a copy and confirmation of the date of the DN. If they terminate on the back of a faulty DN, they can only look to claim the arrears. It is important to get the information, without revealing your hand.

Dated 6th August

Looking back over the thread, they told you on the 17th July that the account would be going into default. Have you had any letters since then?

If the default was issued on that day, then service would have been 22nd at the earliest. 14 days on from there is the 5th August. You need to put them to strict proof of the DN date and method of delivery.

Thanks for the reply, vint.

I have just gone through all the docs I have thinking I might have filed something in the wrong folder but have no DN for definite.

Me:

23rd May :- CCA request

17th June :- A/c in dispute letter

Egg:

5th June :- Your direct debit has been cancelled letter

8th June :- We've been unable to collect your payment letter

23rd June :- Your A/c is in arrears letter

7th July :- Your credit agreement request (as scanned in above)

6th August :- Your egg card account has been terminated

All dates are the date on the letters not when received / posted. I have had phone conversations, the last of which was a guy telling me the account would be going into default. I have checked emails and nothing there.

I have just gone through all the docs I have thinking I might have filed something in the wrong folder but have no DN for definite.

Me:

23rd May :- CCA request

17th June :- A/c in dispute letter

Egg:

5th June :- Your direct debit has been cancelled letter

8th June :- We've been unable to collect your payment letter

23rd June :- Your A/c is in arrears letter

7th July :- Your credit agreement request (as scanned in above)

6th August :- Your egg card account has been terminated

All dates are the date on the letters not when received / posted. I have had phone conversations, the last of which was a guy telling me the account would be going into default. I have checked emails and nothing there.

It sounds like they have unl;awfully terminated your agreement.

I would ask them for a copy of the DN, as you have not received it.

They must deliver it by post or manual serving. They need to be able to prove that.

Oh flip :(

When tidying through paperwork, found an unopened letter and it was the Egg DN. Presumably the misus put it there thinking I would see the envelope and it's been overlooked all this time. What a twozzer I am:mad:

Lesson learned here, ensure every single item of mail is accounted for between the misus and me. Thankfully the lesson has been learned now and not when court papers are being delivered. Probably others are more switched on, but this has been a VERY important and embarassing lesson for me.

Need to wait and see what happens next.

My agreement is identical to those pt says he has successfully proved to be unenforceable. I will not give up hope at this point.

Oh flip :(

When tidying through paperwork, found an unopened letter and it was the Egg DN. Presumably the misus put it there thinking I would see the envelope and it's been overlooked all this time. What a twozzer I am:mad:

Lesson learned here, ensure every single item of mail is accounted for between the misus and me. Thankfully the lesson has been learned now and not when court papers are being delivered. Probably others are more switched on, but this has been a VERY important and embarassing lesson for me.

Need to wait and see what happens next.

My agreement is identical to those pt says he has successfully proved to be unenforceable. I will not give up hope at this point.

Hi RTR,

Can you post a copy of the DN, having blanked out your details.

Vint

Here is the egg DN, the first of several I fear :(

eggDNpg1.png

eggDNpg2.png

eggDNpg3.png

Is there anything on the envelope, to indicate when it was posted. They seem to have given an awfully long time to remedy the default.

If the dates are correct, then they are fine.

Nothing on the envelope, vint. I think they have done this ok tbh, my stoopid fault for not seeing the letter tucked away before today :(

Received a letter from DLC today stating the balance must be paid immediately.

Failure to respond to this letter may result in legal action.

Received a letter from DLC today stating the balance must be paid immediately.

Failure to respond to this letter may result in legal action.

Hi RTR,

Have you been through the other Egg agreements to see if there may be a fault.

Hi Vint,

I am going to do some more thorough research through threads, but from what I can make out, my agreement is identical to the ones pt has dissected and says are not enforceable as it is worded;

"We shall tell you from time to time the Aproved Limit we have set and, if different, the individual Limit which you have chosen for this account."

The argument being that aproved limit is incredibly vague.

Also there is no right to cancel or cooling off period that I can see

Hi Vint,

I am going to do some more thorough research through threads, but from what I can make out, my agreement is identical to the ones pt has dissected and says are not enforceable as it is worded;

"We shall tell you from time to time the Aproved Limit we have set and, if different, the individual Limit which you have chosen for this account."

The argument being that aproved limit is incredibly vague.

I think PT's take on that was that this on its own would not make the agreement unenfocable.

Cheers vint, both replies useful. I am doing some reading through the threads now and will report back.