Probation unfairly extended - twice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started my role last June under very dodgy circumstances. I interviewed well in both rounds but was surprised to hear I'd not been accepted because I wasn't a qualified accountant (the job spec says either full or part qualified). the boss calls me saying that he'd like to offer me a job at a lower level where I'd receive support and be promoted within 6 - 9 months. I accept but find that within 2 months of me starting my line manager is seconded to another project leaving me completely on my own.

the other member of my team is a complete ***** and spent the next few months dumping work on me at any given opportunity and tryin to make me feel small. but through this i'm coping and getting really good results.

with 2 weeks for my 6 month probation left i get a new line manager who seems nice at first, but a mixup around christmas results in a missed deadline and she decides she wants to extend my probation claiming that she can "put me right". Not only that, she gives me a poor performance rating which has effectively halved my bonus.

i know i have no rights until i've been there a year so i take it on the chin (while keeping in touch with my union rep).

she has now announced that she's pregnant and will be going in November but now that a year is coming up she now wants to extend my probation for another 2 months because she hasn't been able to monitor my progress. This is despite me sending her an email report every week. She doesn't like them because she thinks they're "defensive".

I don't know what to do anymore!