urgent help needed, eviction this Wed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Due to long term sickness myself and my partner being made redundant i have fallen into arrears with my mortgage, i now have eviction notice for wed 24th, i know i have left this late but have tried to raise enough money to pay some of arrears, however i have been unable to do this. i spoke with a very unsympathic lady from mortgage company earlier today explaining situation, basically the arrears on mortgage total £5,000 and she told me that only a substantial offer would stop eviction, i asked if £300 would stop this but she said no (even though i dont have this sort of money) is there any way i can have the eviction suspended by court to try to raise money to stop me losing my home. Ps, i have had eviction notice earlier in year but managed to pay an amount which was my normal monthly payment which stopped the eviction. any advice welcome.

Yes, you can the notice stopped in court you must go yourself, i went last year following illness lost my job and fell behind the mortgage company GE Money wanted the house. At court i explained that the arrears were due to the illness etc etc and arranged payment schedule to clear the arrears over the next 2 years and the judge accepted the plan, take with you all the paperwork etc etc this helps in your case. However you must keep up the repayments or the lender will apply again.

Make an offer to the lender solicitor at the court this can make a differance, and in court state your clear clearly, in most cases the court do not rule with the lender. even if the lender says no to the offer the judge can accept it.

but their are loads of information on this site keep asking questions their are some great people who know much more than me, look out for ellan she is great

cheers

YOu need to get an N244 form , will get a link to the form for you, fill it in and take to your local court with 35 pounds. if you cant print it online, the form is available at the court, you need to clearly state on the form you are applying to suspend the eviction.

state your reasons for doing so.

They will then give you a time to see the judge, as this is urgent you will be given a date tomorrow,

Once you have done this, come back here and we will help you prepare a statement.

You need to do this now, I can not stress the urgency of this matter. if you do not fill in the form you will be evicted tomorrow.

Hi, Just be open with the judge they are very understanding and explain everything. Keep your cool it will hard try to get the judge to grant in your a stay. you may be able to get the stay by getting clear repayment and some off the arrears, even by stating you are looking for extra work etc etc.

In most cases the judge should get a stay if you can agree on the repayment. but if he states you have to move out ask for time to sort out a rented home, and ask the local council to pay the rent ( private rents will accept benefit as you get the funds first )

Good Luck and let use know the results

cheers