Default removals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A few years back I was struggling as a single parent and received several default notices on my credit file. Some are now settled, which show as satisfied and there are still some which I need to pay off.

It is almost 6 years since they have they were filed on my credit report and I know that they will be removed then, but does anyone know if my credit score will then improve.

I now work full time and would like to look into getting a mortgage quite soon. I know I wont get one with the default notices still showing on my report and would be grateful from some advice.

Thanks

T

Hi, I'm no expert in the subject, but when your Defaults drop off,(ouch ! sounds painful) I would imagine this would make your credit file look a whole lot healthier

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi there,

Yeah, it does 6 years from either settlement or 6 years from the date of default and off they go as if by magic and your credit file looks a whole lot rosier. Just watch you don't have too much credit or too many applications or searches as these can pull down your score also, but in reality it depends on individual companies lending and underwriting criteria but no defaults or CCJ's will help alot!

• 11 months later...

Hi

Can anyone advise me on how my credit score has improved....not that I'm complaining! My score was at very poor last week when I check credit expert and has been for the past few years. Today when I checked this has jumped up to 728 points at a fair score. Last week when I checked my report I had a settled default and missed payments on an account I am disputing the PPI with. These are now gone from my file and the file now only shows satisfactory accounts. I have purchased a house in December with a poor mortgage company 'redstone' and updated my details, such as my address, a couple of days ago with credit expert. I am wondering if it is because my address has changed. Do you think my bad file be updated onto my 'good' report, causing me to go back to a very poor rating? Any help would be appreciated, thanks:D

• 2 weeks later...

Is it £14.95 to get your credit score from Equifax? I have the free 30 day trial to view my report... if they are selling the score for nearly 15 quid then this is daylight robbery. I thought it was bad that Experian charges £5.99 for there's...but this is a bargain in comparison:-(

Is it a score or a report you're after? If it's the report then get the £2.50 statutory one. The trouble is that there are 3 CRAs (Equifax, Experian and Call Credit) that process your data and for completeness you need a report from all three.

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

A credit score is a very subjective thing. Each CRA and each lender have their own criteria for measuring this. You can have a good score with one and a c**p one with another. IMHO they are not worth the cost, unless you are looking for more credit (loan / remortgage / contract).

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

I was missold PPI from Welcome Finance and im now in the process (3rd attempt) at getting my SAR from them. I paid my car off in full and VT'd it over 2 years ago, with the understanding that I owed them nothing. They came and took the car away and I thought that was the end of things until they sent me a bill for something like £400 in unpaid PPI. Anyway, to cut it short, I haven't paid them anything towards this for over 2 years now, but after checking equifax it states that my account with Welcome is ' in arrears' It shows 1 2 3 0 1 2 3 in missed payments. They obviously wont go down the route in defaulting me for some reason. Are they allowed to do this? Shouldn't they be showing true and accurate information? It only ever goes up to 3, never 4 5 or 6 :? :? :?

• 3 months later...

in the template library

how is the a/c in dispute?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you have all the big guns firing for you in your other thread in the ppi section

cant see the point of starting another

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 year later...

Hi all,Sorry in advance if this question has been asked a thousand times already, but can anyone point me in the right direction as how to get defaults removed from my credit file? I have three from 2007 all of which were either repaid credit card charges or PPI, which I won back. I know for a fact that one of them did not serve a default notice on me, but think the others did. I just need to know where to start to try and get this removed. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

you will have a very hard time doing this..

IF you can PROVE that the defaults were solely due to a balance made of unlawful charges & those 'specific' charges were to blame & they hasve been refunded, then you MIGHT have a chance on those, as the OC by refunding admits they were wrong to chargew you - so thus wrong to default you.

however. thats a rare event.

i think p'haps you need to tell us more & i wouldn't rely on paperwork 'errors' either, not since rankines and the hornets nest stirred up by all these reclaim co's.

dx

and they