weightmans / arrow global / compucredit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received a letter from Weightmans reading as follows:

"our client : arrow global llc

account number : xxxxxxxxxxx

outstanding balance : £xxxx.xx via assignment from compucredit

We refer to the above account.

We act for Arrow Global and the balance on your account has been assigned to our client by CompuCredit. We are instructed that full details of the debt have previously been provided and you have been afforded a number of opportuniyies to pay or agree payment terms.

Please contact Ambre Cross of this office no later than 25 June 2009 on 0151 242 1442 to discuss this matter further. If you fail to do so, we will have no alternative other than to continue with enforcement action against you.

Yours Faithfully

Weightmans llp"

First of all I dont know any of the companies named and have not had any correspondance from any of them.

I will not be calling them.

What should be my first point of action.

Hi,

You could send them the 'prove it' letter...........

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert