You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

clocloclo

NRL Scheme-As a tenant should I be witholding tax to pay to CNR/IR-or am I deluded?!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4037 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello.gif

Have issues and I was wondering if anyone can tel me whether i'm correct or making myself out for a fool rolleyes.gif

Landlady emigrated to Oz, few weeks before she rented to me, I get LHA, her brother is dealing with the rental as far as general communication, but I am to pay the rent to her bank account, so he is not an 'agent'. So far they have recieved 1 months rent, in full, no deductions whatsoever.

I spoke to him regarding information I had discovered regarding the NRL tax and he basicaly started throwing a complete hissy fit, as far as he is concerned, there is no discussion, I am 100% wrong and he is 100% right due to his knowledge from his job.

I sent the following email to him today, can anyone give me ideas of which party is giving me the correct info, I am NOT trying to be awkward, but I am trying to PROTECT myself.

TIA X

Dear ***,

Further to your call today when you told me that I am to pay the rent in full, including the tax, direct to Mrs ***, I spoke to the 'Centre for Non-Residents' within the Inland Revenue(CNR).

They have confirmed that I am indeed correct in my understanding of the 'Non-Resident Landlords Scheme.

They have advised that as I have not recieved notification that the Non-Resident Landlord has been aprproved to recieve the rental income with no tax deducted.

They additionaly checked whether Mrs *** has registered with the scheme, which she was required to do before leaving the UK and found no record of registration.

They confirmed that as Mrs *** is due to be a Non-resident for over six months and rental income is due to be paid directly into a UK bank account, by myself, that she falls within the NRL scheme.

They have taken my details and registered my information as I am liable for the tax on the rental income(currently 20%). I will need to complete assesments on 30th June, 30th September, 31st December and 31st of March each year.

CNR have also confirmed that I must deduct from the next payment to Mrs ***, the 20% from the previously paid Rental Payment (confirmation of this can be found on page 11 at http://landlordstax.co.uk/pdf/lts_ir_140.pdf)

CNR have also informed me that I need to issue with a NRLY by the 5th of July each year, to include information up till 31st of March.

You assure me that you are 100% sure that I have the above information wrong in my telephone call to you just now and that if I withold tax, to pay as I have been informed by the CNR, that I will be doing so wrongly and therefore commiting benefit fraud.

Please inform me how the above information is incorrect as I am more than happy to not be found liable for the tax and having to work within the NRL scheme. However, at this stage I am having to follow the advice from the CNR that if Mrs *** is not signed up to the scheme, it's a legal requirement for the tenant or agent to deduct the tax from the rent and send it to the Revenue.

Kind Regards

Miss ***