Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

HP agreement legal?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4026 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi. I'll keep it short for the moment unless someone can help.

I bought a second hand car from a dealer. He offered me finance through Blackhorse and I signed on the dotted line.

He had all the Blackhorse posters etc. Blackhorse accepted my application and I drove the car away.

My question is. At the time he offered me finance, the dealer was not a licensed credit broker. Is my finance legal? Will Blackhorse come after me if I stop paying the finance? Blackhorse will not comment on the situation and just threaten me to keep making payments.

I've been told over the phone it is not enforceable but no body will stand up and say it officially.

In fact no body including Consumer direct will give me the answer in writing.

I will explain if somebody can help and if they need more info.

I'm not trying to welch on the agreement for no reason.

A couple of bad things have happened and I will explain if need be.

It's just that it is a long story.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is not licensed, check with council, then anything done on the premises is not valid and you dont have to pay anything more, end of. The finance company will have to go after the dealer. and they may possibly appeal to get it validated. Si if you are sure that they do not have a licence then stop paying the agreement is unenforceable.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info.

What happened was a dealer who provided me the finance and sold me a car took the car back off me a year later because I wanted to trade it in for another one he had for sale. The trade in on the original car was valued at what was owing on the finance so he said he would clear the finance. .......He didn't. I am still paying finance on a car I no longer have. He did this to lots of people before the authorities got hold of him. He is now out of business and no longer trading. Local council and OFT who raided him say it is unlikely I will get my money off him due to the enormity of what he has done to so many people. (It has already gone to court and looks like I'm getting nothing back)

The OFT confirmed to me that he was an unlicensed credit broker at the time he sold me the vehicle. Blackhorse will not negotiate or even listen. So my last resort would be to stop paying for the car.

I'm just worried about bailiffs turning up or something like that. I was told it could affect my credit but i don't care as I do not normally have loans or credit cards. I just don't want people turning up on the door step if things get messy. Or it costing more money.

I did try a solicitor but he allowed Blackhorse to bully him to.

The solicitor said we would need to got to court and to be prepared to spend about £2000.00. I can't afford it.

Seems easier to walk away from the agreement and stick two fingers up to Blackhorse.

Blackhorse did acknowledge to the OFT that they realised he is not a licensed broker but they won't admit it to me and just threaten me if I do not keep up the payments.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he licensed now and was your agreement upheld by the OFT? If not you can safely cease paying as it will be unenforceble so BH cant send baliffs or anything without going to court first and they will loose due to above. It cant affect your credit as now credit agreement exists!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Section 149 of the CCA 1974 provides that any regulated agreement, where the debtor or hirer was introduced to the creditor or owner by an unlicensed credit broker, is unenforceable without a validation order from the OFT. You said the OFT confirmed that the broker was unlicensed - they may also be able to confirm whether Black Horse applied to have the agreement validated.


You could make a request to Black Horse under s77 for a copy of the agreement AND evidence that the agreement has been validated. If no validation exists, the agreement would appear to be legally unenforceable.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...