You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

kessik

Ikano offer me 50% (again) - MCOL?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4039 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by BankFodder viewpost.gif

If they have offered you 50% then you are obliged to accept it because you have a duty to mitigate your loss. However in your acceptance letter you must make it clear that you are accepting it only as a part payment . If they reject that, then go ahead and sue for the lot. If they admit a responsibility of 50% then they are obliged to pay that and simply defend on the remainder because they also have a responsibility to mitigate their own loss.

Thanks for that BF. This is the second time I am going after Ikano, the first was 3 years ago (not sure why it's all lumped together with old threads?) and I'm sure that last time I filled in a MCOL against Ikano as soon as they offered me just 50%. I don't remember anything about mitigating losses. So do I write and say I'll take the 50%, thank you very much, but if you don't pay up the second 50% I'll take you to court?

I don't really understand......sorry!!!: confused:

Barclays £3065 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06

Halifax CC £495 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06 - MCOL 5/9/06 - FULL REFUND!!

Sainsburys CC £580 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - offered £25 10/8/06 :lol: - LBA 15/8/06 - MCOL 3/9/06 - FULL REFUND!!

First Direct £352.50 - prelim letter 11/8/06 - LBA 25/8/06 - offer of FULL AMOUNT 7/9/06

Virgin CC - Data Protection Act letter 3/8/06

New Look £110 - prelim letter 30/7/06 - LBA 15/8/06 - offered £50 20/8/06 - MCOL 1/9/06 - £142.25 r'cd 25/9/06

OH MBNA CC - Data Protection Act letter 14/8/06

OH Halifax CC - Data Protection Act letter 14/8/06

That's basically it. Write and say that you accept the 50% as a partial settlement only and that you will contine with your court case for the rest (forget about mitigating losses - that is technical stuff and you don't need to refer to it. Just don't turn down the 50%)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.