You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Do you mean your particulars of claim? – In that case, I'm sorry but I missed it. Please could you indicate which paragraph is at?
    • dx100uk Yes that's the wording.  I'm not clear who the applicant is in this situation!    LR say that the applicant is the buyer or their conveyancer. So in that case as others have said on here - the buyer/conveyancer need only write to the council after the sale.   OR Does 'applicant' in this case refer to the council who made the application for the restriction?    If the former this is dependent on my solicitor and the buyer's solicitor being aware of this type of restriction and particularly the purchaser is unfazed by a 'restriction' on the property. LR confirmed earlier that as my father was a joint proprietor of the property, the charge could not be registered or noted, instead it was protected by registration of a [non-standard] restriction.  If the latter then the council won't do that until I've paid the bill [whatever that is now]
    • Thanks    I have also stated the same right to reject in my WS Hearing is on 23rd October 
    • But they still can send a claim form to your old Address. You won’t even know about it either, therefore won’t be able to defend The next thing you know is when you are turned down for credit and find a fresh, shiny CCJ on your file.   The answer is to let them know your current address via post. That way , if they are stupid enough to try any action, they won’t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. You have the ultimate defence! It’s statute barred.
    • Also, I should point out that you will win anyway – but you are making it much more complicated than it needs to be. If you simply raise the question of your statutory rights and his breach of obligation then the judge will give you a judgement in your favour within five minutes. Because you have raised pretty well every other issue bar that, the judge will have to consider the entire aspect of the defects and whether they do amount to a substantial breach of contract and whether they could have been repairable et cetera et cetera et cetera. Although you will eventually win, it means that the judge may have a complicated issue to decide and of course it will simply prolong the agony. Simply raising the fact that the dealer refused to comply with your assertion of your right to reject will bring the entire case shuddering to a halt in your favour and the judge doesn't need to listen to any other arguments. He simply needs to see your letter of rejection.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
allthebestintentions

mbna cca... is it enforceable

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3891 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi guys i was wondering if someone could take a look at this documents from mbna and tell me if the agreement is enforceable. i remember filling this form in at an airport so im assuming its just the application?? if it is unenforceable whats next step

thanks in advance

cca.jpg

cca1.jpg

cca2.jpg

cca3.jpg

Hi,

Try this how-to I stole :D

It seems tricky at first, but is fairly simple really.

1, Scan your DCA letter/whatever you want to show on the forum.

Ideal setting is 100dpi as it's closest to computer monitor display resolution.

2, Save the scanned image as a jpeg

Step 2.5 Edit out any personal information, barcodes or any other comments, notes or markings around the edge of the document. Never change the original document you received

2.5, Load the saved image into MS Paint. (comes free with Windows.) Use the pain brush or spray can to remove/paint over any personal info, such as name, account number, address, etc. Also remove any barcodes, as some DCAs may be able to identify you from these.

3, Create an account on Photobucket.

4, Once you have a Photobucket account, you'll find on the main webpage little box where you can upload photos. Click the "upload image" box and then tell it where on your hard disk you saved your scanned jpeg. It will then upload the image to Photobucket and it will show you thumbnails of the images you have uploaded. Under each image there are links that you can copy and paste.

5, Copy the IMG link below the image you want to put on the forum. Then reply to thread on CAG. Right click with the mouse and select "paste" from the little menu that pops up.

6, You'll then get some text appear in your message that looks a bit like this.

imagename.jpg{\IMG

When you submit the reply, the text will change into the image you uploaded onto photobucket. The text you copied and pasted is just the information the forum needs, so it knows where to find your photo and display it in your message.

Courtesy of Fuzzybobble

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

hi again i think thats it now so if someone gets a chance to look over them that would be awesome

Edited by allthebestintentions

As I see it, there are none of the required terms on the signature page and no reference on the signature page to separate terms and conditions.

I would wait for more experienced eyes to look it over but in my opinion, it's unenforceable.

An account in dispute letter is in order. I happen to like this one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172071-letter-co-solicitors.html#post1856406

Don't forget

Never sign the letters unless you can ensure that it can't be "lifted". If you need to sign, I recommend using this:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9902&d=1245343818

Send all letters by recorded delivery.

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

thanks for that. my signature is on the form from the application but obviously its covered up. that was my only concern because it is signed and dated.

To make an agreement enforceable there needs to be the important terms included within the 4 corners of the signature page. These are:

The APR

A credit limit or a statement saying they will set the limit

Repayment terms.

I can't see any of these on your agreement (unless my eyes are well dodgy )

Matters not that you have signed it because you didn't know what you signing for as you were not given the terms and conditions nor were they on the form to allow you to make an informed judgement.

The prescribed terms (credit limit, repayment terms and interest rate as silverfox says) have to be within the 4 corners of the document (not necessarily the signature page). However, the T&Cs they ahve sent are clearly here a seperate 2-page, 3 column document. So, IMHO, this agreement is not enforceable.

Many MBNA application forms have these prescribed terms on the back, often in a thin column on one side af a large advertisment. They have not demonstrated this in your case.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

hi guys just wondering if someone can help me. when they posted this application form out as the cca they sent me a form asking if i require any other info i can get the sar if i send them £10. Im going to send for it but if they have a cca should they also post that with the sar?

If you specify exactly what you want in your SAR, they ought to supply it but be prepared for them to bluff their way out of giving you it all.

It may get so bad that you might have to do what I'm doing, taking a creditor to court to enforce compliance.

If you're lucky, you'll get everything you asked for.

fox

Pictures by soggy3 - Photobucket

hi i have added the letter which was sent on my behalf by a firm which i was going to use because of lack of time confidence and know how and was wondering if someone can look over it to see if its ok and perhaps give me a link for a letter to put the account in dispute. thanks alot

Hi,

I got your PM but I have no idea what you wanted me to look at.

That letter from Brunel Franklin was just a more legalese CCA request.

As for putting the account into dispute, I did post a link to an account in dispute letter in post 7 but here's an alternative one one for you to have a look at:

Account In Dispute

Ref:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter of xx/xx/xx, the contents of which have been noted.

You have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account.

On **DATE** I made a formal request for a true signed agreement for the alleged account under consumer credit Act 1974 s77/8. A copy of which is enclosed for your perusal and ease of reference.

You have failed to comply with my request, and as such the account entered default on **DATE**.

The document that you are obliged to send me is a true copy of the executed agreement that contained all of the prescribed terms, all other required terms and statutory notices and was signed by both your company and myself as defined in section 61(1) of CCA 74 and subsequent Statutory Instruments. If the executed agreement contained any reference to any other document, you are also obliged to send me a copy of that document.In addition a full statement of this account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account.

Furthermore

You are aware that the Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for a request for a true copy of a credit agreement to be carried out before your client enters into a default situation.

This limit has expired.

As you are no doubt aware section 77(6) states:

If the creditor fails to comply with Subsection (1)

(a) He is not entitled , while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.

Therefore this account has become unenforceable at law.

As you have Failed to comply with a lawful request for a true, signed copy of the said agreement and other relevant documents mentioned in it, Failed to send a full statement of the account and Failed to provide any of the documentation requested.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Furthermore I shall counterclaim that any such action constitutes unlawful harassment.

Please note you may also consider this letter as a statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 14 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

Furthermore you should be aware that a creditor is not permitted to take ANY

Action against an account whilst it remains in dispute.

The lack of a credit agreement is a very clear dispute and as such the following applies.

* You may not demand any payment on the account, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you.

* You may not add further interest or any charges to the account.

* You may not pass the account to a third party.

* You may not register any information in respect of the account with any credit reference agency.

* You may not issue a default notice related to the account.

I reserve the right to report your actions to any such regulatory authorities as I see fit.

You have 14 days from receiving this letter to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

If you need anything else just shout and I will help if I'm able.

fox

i did see the letter you put up but wasnt sure if it was relevant to the letter brunnel franklin sent out for me and just wanted to make sure. thanks for the reply. i will post letter out tomorrow and keep you posted. thanks again

i sent that letter off this morning recorded delivery. i havent paid this month and this is the first payment i have missed... whats the procedure now... i suppose i will be bombarded with phone calls and the likes?

would someone be good enough to give me a quick explanation as to why my form is not enforceable. sorry to be a pest but im just really trying to get to grips with this site.

hi guys i have received my statement today. i havent received any letter or anything to say they have received my previous letter. They have not put a late fee on my account but have said it is overdue. I think their time is up on the 22nd but maybe someone can confirm that. What is the next step for me please?

HI, Got your PM.

As you have sent the account in dispute letter, there's not much more you can do. The ball is in their court.

Chances are they will try to flog the debt off to a freindly (:rolleyes:) DCA but you will be able to see them off.

If MBNA start hassling you, complain to them first and if they dismiss your complaint, go higher (OFT, FOS, Trading Standards, MP,MEP)

fox

just received this email and am wondering what to do about it. i have not received any reply from my account in dispute letter but i was told on fri over a phone call i answered from them that they were looking into it and i should get a response soon.. any ideas. thanks

Despite the reminders on your statement and our attempts to resolve this matter, we have not received a payment. You should be aware that prompt payment avoids late charges and negative information being registered against you with the Credit Card Reference Agencies. A good credit record is vital if you plan further borrowings in the future such as a mortgage or a personal loan.

Please call us on 08000 280689 to discuss this matter. Our specialists are available Monday to Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 3pm.

Just write back - tell them you are not going to ring and they shouldn't ring you, the account is in dispute and you will not respond to any communication until they resolve the dispute

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.