O2 debt with Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an outstanding debt with O2 fro around £200 pounds. They have passed this debt onto Moorcroft. I got a call moments ago from some jumped up idiot from their 'pre court' department. I told him that i dont owe him any money, i owe it to O2. He told me that this will now be going to court. Is this likely?

So, i called O2 and explained the whole situation and told them i am willing to pay the debt over the phone, but i refuse to deal with Moorcroft. They told me that this wasnt possible, payments must be paid to Moorcroft. How true is this?? why wont O2 just take my money?!:confused:

Basically, i just dont want to lose face with the *beeps* at Moorcroft.:mad: I hate them so much, the way they talk to people is a disgrace. If there is any way that i can avoid dealing with them then please advise!!!

Cheers.

Im sure if you pop into your local O2 office with the cash and a bill they will gladly take it from you. Failing that send them a check and let Morecrap swivel. Take you to court my arse. They are so full of crap.

Of course for a bit of sport you could always write to Morecrap demanding proof of the debt and a written contract between you and O2.

Morecrap and their Pre-Court Division is just another desk in their threat centre

Thanks for your replies guy's. Gonna try and go into an O2 store, see what they say.

As far as Moorcroft are concerned, they can do one!...how they are allowed to carry on in this way is a joke. They are brutal towards people who they have no previous relationship with...i.e. they dont know my circumstances. Will definately report them to the OFT but dunno what good it will do!:cool:

Cheers.

Hi Silks

If Moorcroft have treated you disgracefully report them to FSA, CSA, Trading Standards, OFT, 02 UK and BBC Watchdog. I have written to all of them organisations regarding Moorcroft's conduct as there staff appear to little, of no legal training and I received a response from Moorcroft admitting they have 'training issues'! I have written back advising their response was not adequate, and I am now waiting for their final response so I can write to FOS. Even if you think nothing will get done by complaining, always complain! If no one complains then nothing will get done as their regulatory bodies wont know what they are doing. I also requested copies of all call recordings and conveniently they could not locate them!

I would agree with ODC and send 02 a cheque, they can't legally refuse payment.

If you need any advice what to put in your complaint let me know.

Keep us updated.

Hi Little Miss,

Just spoke to a very nice lady on the phone from O2 who took my payment in full. Have no idea why they just didnt take it yesterday!...but atleast that monkey is off my back.

In regards to moorcroft, I think i will write a letter of complaint. The guy that called me yesterday actually bet me that O2 wouldnt take my payment!!!...thats when i lost it a little bit and used words that cant be repeated on here.:D

If you have any advice on what should go onto the complaint letter would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

If you bide your time Morcrap will send you another letter entitled Notice of Legal Proceedings. You will not mistake it as its a rather lurid colour of RED and they will threaten all sorts. You can then start to have some fun with the muppets knowing that the bill is paid

Hi Silks

02 were probably just being awkward yesterday, but at least it's a big up yours to Moorcroft. There's no greater satisfaction than getting one over on them :D

Check out my thread titled 'moorcroft complaints', I have put a few bits in there which I have taken from both of my letters to the helpful bunch of individuals, lol.

Make sure you look up OFT and CSA guidelines and also Administration of Justice Act, as they may give you ideas of what to quote if you feel Moorcroft have breached any guidelines.

I would probably also mention in your letter that you felt intimidated, bullied, frightened, stressed and anxious while (and after) speaking to their operator. And make sure you get the name and extention number of every operator you have spoken to and name and shame them in your letter. That may mean you have to call them back for the info but make sure you tell them you want a copy of their Complaints Procedure issuing, they will probably tell you to write in to request that but advise them that the OFT states they are legally obliged to send you a copy if you request it over the phone.

If you need anymore help let me know :)

Hi,

this whole thing started because i got behind on my phone bills. so O2 gave me the choice to either pay the outstanding bill of £252 or cancel the contract and pay £360. So i decided to pay the £252 and have my phone re-connected.

I got a letter from moorcroft today. It reads....

Dear *********

We aknowledge receipt of your recent payment of £252.15 against the above debt which we note was made direct to our client.

We would refer you to our recent letter which informed you that we were now responsible for the administration of your account and would therefore ask you to contact us immediately with an offer of repayment.

Failure to do this may leave us with no alternative but to recommend to our client that they instruct solicitors to commence legal proceedings against you without further notice.

Any payment must be made to 'Moorcroft Debt recovery ltd'

These people are unbeleivable!!!!!! that means they think im gonna pay twice as my phone has been re-connected and im back to paying my monthly bill!!

Surely i can take them to the cleaners with this???

Has your line been reconnected already silks? it looks as though 02 haven't bothered to inform Moorcroft that you have had your line reconnected and Moorcroft still think that you still have £108 to pay and that's what they want you to make an arrangement on. I would just call them up, tell them you paid their client the usage fee and haev your line reconnected so there is nothing further outstanding, and that they should contact 02 as any further demands for payment will be deemed as harassment. And I would also call 02 to see what they are playing at by not informing moorcroft you have reconnected.

Hope this helps and on the bright side, it's more to put in your complaint about Moorcroft :D

Personally I would ignore Morecrap and their empty threats. If they ring you just laugh at them. You have sorted out your debt with the original creditor so Morecrap are wasting their time and effort on chasing a non existant debt.

Have a bit of fun with them as you know they can do sweet FA.

• 1 year later...

Guys, I have exactly the same situation with O2 Moorcrap, but NOW.

Sorry for cryptoposting, but I really would love to know if it has been resolved

and I hope that silks is not getting any more letters or threats...

... cause I'm about to do the same. Go to O2 and just give them the money.