4 Defaults & a CCJ: My fight starts here

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am going to attempt to clean up my credit file, which probably seems impossible, but I am up for the fight even if it only annoys the hell out of the banks.

The Defaults are:

Nationwide Loan

Nationwide Credit Card

Egg Credit Card (Also a CCJ)

Egg Money Card

Will appreciate any help anyone can give, will update my progress here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola! and welcome to the fight!

Have you started the ball rolling i.e sending the letters off etc or are you fresh to this?

Please sign this petition - Asking for the government to drop the length of time credit ref agencies can hold data on us!!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

:smile::p:rolleyes:

• 11 months later...

Well, its been a while since this thread was started but theres been some developments lately, with Aktiv Kaptial purchasing 2 of my debts.

They wrote to me saying they had bought a debt off Egg for £150. I wrote back a very silly letter back to them basically saying I don't know what your telling me for I know nothing about it etc and do they have a CCA. I got a reply from them telling me they have received my letter and would get back to me with further details.

Then a few days ago I checked my Credit Report and the Default is gone! So I only now have 3 to go.

I assume that they do not have CCA and due to the smallish amount involved decided to write it off.

I have now taken further steps as the other default they have purchased is for £12,000 and it shows on the Credit report under their name, so I have send a simple letter saying I do not know anything about this debt and can I have a CCA if they insist I owe them.

That letter is going in the post tomorrow, can't wait to hear back from them.

i take it the old default has just been put to their name? not just a new default, because if that is so thats not allowed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...