You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca copied posts re Comic Relief 2009

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4134 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

After 9 celebs climbed Kilimangaro, Gary Barlow charted a jet for them all to return to the UK instead of hanging around for their scheduled flight 'because they deserved it' and with a cost of £100,000 to Gary.

Whilst the raising of money for charitable causes if unquestionably commendable, it should be remembered that hundreds of people climb Kilimanjaro every year. I know, I'm one of them. There are multiple very well established routes to the summit, and even the hardest of them is pretty much only taxing if you push yourself too hard or are extremely unfit. And let's not forget that it's not just tourists who ascend; there are porters who earn less in a month than Barlow and his like 'earn' in a day. Every one of those porters climbs that mountain without complaint or the need to showcase their 'achievement'. Sorry Gary, but climbing Kili just isn't that impressive.

But yeah, I agree that these charityfests are simply a circus. Live Aid, Comic Relief all of them.

Indeed so. They might commence with the right idea, but their execution is invaraibly little more than a way for the West to whitewash its conscience, wring its hands and tell itself that something really must be done about the poor huddled masses, whilst the reality is that we do almost nothing, and largely don't care.

I lived in and trekked around Africa for several years, and the only people really making any difference are the aid charaties and, whilst I find it slightly unsettling to defend an organisation I detest, the Church. Governmental 'aid packages' go no further than the airports and docks, then end up in the pockets of country leaders, or, in worse cases, go directly into funding the perpetuation of civil war and tribal clashes.

If you want to make a real difference, support the various charitable organisations that do - frankly stunning - work in some of the poorest areas on the globe. Or, better still, do something directly.

Ha, ha!

She really is awful. But how does she continue to get work in tv?

And she could easily win a gurning contest, what is it with her?

Truly awful.

I note with a modicum of humour that she likes to refer to herself as a TV Presenter and actress...

...and her 'acting' career? Two bit parts in TV serials, playing a parody of herself in both, and an appearence in the Big Brother inspired TV show Dead Set where she played...um...a parody of herself. If Davina is an actress then Uncle Tez is an Anglican Bishop.

Sign in to follow this