You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Must be a positive if the Insurers are now using the legislation as it was intended. It is just that I have not heard of it being used for Car Insurance, as the 22% comes from the Insurers rating calculations, which is not available information to the Policyholder. With Home Insurance, if you Insured a Building for £100k, when it should have been Insured for £122k, it is easier to grasp.   The Insurers would have issued the policy documents clearly showing that no motoring offences had been included within the premium calculation and the OP has had 5 months to correct the record with Insurers before the accident.   Perhaps probe the Insurers on the 22%. Can they provide evidence from their Underwriting rating guidance that this is the extra premium for 2 SP30's.
    • Moorcroft are just a first DCA that Natwest use, after Natwest have stopped chasing it.   The debt is still owned by Natwest and is currently sat with Moorcroft, but in a pile with many thousands of others.   If your new postal address is showing on your credit file, Moorcroft would have sent letters if they thought this was a priority debt to chase.     
    • We signed up to a credit reference agency.  Got an email this morning saying a search had been carried out in my husband’s name.  It’s by Moorcroft who are doing it on behalf of NatWest. Do we worry?  It’s been over 6 years since last payment and we wrote to NatWest in January advising of our new address.  They and Moorcroft both emailed an old email address which we have access to but never use asking us to confirm our address.  We didn’t respond to it.
    • Hi   I am sorry to hear of your recent loss   The Club I assume you joined would more than likely have had Terms & Conditions, Data Protection, Privacy Policy and did you sign any Agreement to join that CLub?   On Facebook did they actually Name (use your name) on the posts or did they use mum/mother etc?   As has been asked could you give us some background for your reason to send the SAR. If they have refused to give you certain Personal Data under your SAR request then I would suggest writing to them and refering to your SAR Request and their refusal to provide XYZ you requested and that you require clarification as to why this was refused and under exactly which Article of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDOR) they are relying on for this refusal.   The Clubs Constitution is only how the Club is setup you need to ask them for copies of the following:   Data Protection Policy   Privacy Policy (note the above policies may be on that Clubs website if they have one)   This link breaksdowns the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm      
    • who assured you you'd get notification of no int time limit ending? thats not a normal MO of these BNPL agreements they are not onliged to warn you?   when did you rake this out and when did you try to pay the Org Sum?      
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
rrrrrrrrrr

Restons Solicitors on behalf of MBNA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello again

More issues...

I have/had a debt of £2300 with MBNA. The debt was passed to restons solictors and after many threatening letters I agreed to pay a settelment figure of £1300 in 4 monthly installments. I have paid the first 2 and £230 of the third, but I am struggling to pay the remaining £420 by 1st July.

I received this email from them today:

Dear Madam,

MBNA Overdue Credit Card - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Reference: xxxxxxxxxx

Outstanding balance: £2,371.52

We write in relation to the above account and acknowledge receipt of your recent payment in the sum of £230.00.

Following this payment £95.19 remains overdue from 1 June 2009, furthermore, a subsequent instalment of £325.19 is due payable no later than 1 July 2009 to conclude the account. Payment of £420.38 must therefore be made no later than 1 July 2009 in settlement of the above numbered account.

Should you fail to make this payment by 1 July 2009 we will recommend to our client that legal proceedings be instigated for the full balance outstanding at that time without further notice.

Yours faithfully

Mr R Charnock

Restons Solicitors Limited

0870 755 9198

What can i do? I'm scared if i don't stick to my initial proposed offer they'll make me pay the full £2300?

Thanks in advance

Hello again

More issues...

I have/had a debt of £2300 with MBNA. The debt was passed to restons solictors and after many threatening letters I agreed to pay a settelment figure of £1300 in 4 monthly installments. I have paid the first 2 and £230 of the third, but I am struggling to pay the remaining £420 by 1st July.

I received this email from them today:

Dear Madam,

MBNA Overdue Credit Card - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Reference: xxxxxxxxxx

Outstanding balance: £2,371.52

We write in relation to the above account and acknowledge receipt of your recent payment in the sum of £230.00.

Following this payment £95.19 remains overdue from 1 June 2009, furthermore, a subsequent instalment of £325.19 is due payable no later than 1 July 2009 to conclude the account. Payment of £420.38 must therefore be made no later than 1 July 2009 in settlement of the above numbered account.

Should you fail to make this payment by 1 July 2009 we will recommend to our client that legal proceedings be instigated for the full balance outstanding at that time without further notice.

Yours faithfully

Mr R Charnock

Restons Solicitors Limited

0870 755 9198

What can i do? I'm scared if i don't stick to my initial proposed offer they'll make me pay the full £2300?

Thanks in advance

Don't panic, that's the first thing.

The question is simple, can you afford the payments? If you can't, send them what you can afford. There is no need to provide them with proof of expenditure - they are not entitled to it.

It is highly unlikely that they will take you to court because they know full well that a Judge will only order you to pay what you can - that is likely to be much less than you are paying them now.

Next, I would ask them for a copy of the Credit Agreement in relation to this account. You can do this by sending them a template letter that you can find here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html - you need letter N. You will need to enclose a postal order for £1 for this information. Don't sign the letter.

When you get your response, scan it and post it up here. It is surprising how many MBNA agreements do not conform to the legal requirements. If this is the case with yours, it will put you on the front foot.

Try not to worry. I know it's easy to say, but you are being bullied by Restons because they are playing on your fear and they know it.

Please feel free to ask any questions and have a good read on the forums - it may put your mind at rest.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Thanks Fred, I'll send them that tomorrow and in the meantime carry on paying an amount I can afford. Will keep you updated.

R

Don't panic, that's the first thing.

The question is simple, can you afford the payments? If you can't, send them what you can afford. There is no need to provide them with proof of expenditure - they are not entitled to it.

It is highly unlikely that they will take you to court because they know full well that a Judge will only order you to pay what you can - that is likely to be much less than you are paying them now.

Next, I would ask them for a copy of the Credit Agreement in relation to this account. You can do this by sending them a template letter that you can find here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html - you need letter N. You will need to enclose a postal order for £1 for this information. Don't sign the letter.

When you get your response, scan it and post it up here. It is surprising how many MBNA agreements do not conform to the legal requirements. If this is the case with yours, it will put you on the front foot.

Try not to worry. I know it's easy to say, but you are being bullied by Restons because they are playing on your fear and they know it.

Please feel free to ask any questions and have a good read on the forums - it may put your mind at rest.

Regards.

Fred

mmmmmmmmm i would counsel seeking more opinion on this

whilst it is true that a court will only make an order for what he can afford i dont think it would have the power to undo what was probably a simple contract

ie pay xxxx over xxxx monthly payments in return for xxxxx discount

he may well end up back with the original amount........ i would personally be moving heaven and earth to try and raise the balance or at least phone the other side and ask if theyll agree to a short extention to the deal given the three good payments

£1 per month should be your maximum repayment once a county court has authorised it only...regardless of what you've paid before.

I would go so far as to demand a full refund for what you have paid already on the basis that it was obtained without legal authority.

this guy has come to an "arrangement" with restons - we don't know the i say again to rrrrrrrr- seek more advice from more experienced caggers on this one before you respond otherwise you may end up 1000 worse off.

we don't know the "full story"

(sorry missed a bit of text)

mmmmmmmmm i would counsel seeking more opinion on this

whilst it is true that a court will only make an order for what he can afford i dont think it would have the power to undo what was probably a simple contract

ie pay xxxx over xxxx monthly payments in return for xxxxx discount

he may well end up back with the original amount........ i would personally be moving heaven and earth to try and raise the balance or at least phone the other side and ask if theyll agree to a short extention to the deal given the three good payments

I strongly suspect that the OP was bullied into paying what he/she can't afford so I stick to my advice. Yes, by all means contact the other side (but NEVER by 'phone), but it is highly unlikely that they will be reasonable - they don't operate that way.

The OP is trying to do the right thing and in my opinion has been very reasonable.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I do consider myself 1 of the more experienced Caggers ;)

Rather than adopt a "just pay up" attitude, i prefer to tell the OP how it really is & be loads better off :)

I do consider myself 1 of the more experienced Caggers ;)

Rather than adopt a "just pay up" attitude, i prefer to tell the OP how it really is & be loads better off :)

thank you

he now has the benefit of different advice- no doubt he will make an informed choice.

Is this a credit card debt? There must be charges you could claim back here, as well as checking the agreement.

Was there PPI sold to you on the account?

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

thank you

he now has the benefit of different advice- no doubt he will make an informed choice.

Your welcome..hopefully the OP will choose the correct advice ;)

Many thanks again for all the advice I'll have a look through again and let you know what the outcome is...:)