style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys im in such a mess right now. . . . here's my story.

everything was fine and dandy up untill i started college now it seems im in a spiral of dept problems.

firstly i had to cut my hours at work so i could study which ended up leaving me short. so i opted for a pay day loan, first time round i managed to get the money together to pay for it but after some time i realised that i didnt have enough for basic living needs. so i took another and another.... i currently now owe around £700. i keep recieveing harrassing phone calls and threats to take me to court and mark my credit rating. as the companys kept on attempting to take the money from my account this kept taking me over drawn with my bank even tho on countless times i instructed them to not pay out if the fund were'nt avalible. however disregarding my instructions they continued to bounce checks and dd's which left me with not only charges from my bank but charges from the companies also. i just worked out my bank charges and within the past 8 months i have paid them a total of £482 which i feel is extreamly unfair. to top it off they insisted i have an overdraft as i kept going over drawn. without my consent they have now placed an overdraft on my account, and because they did this they added two months charges to it aswell which took me £400 overdrawn.

another issue i have is that im currently £1300 in dept with the council for rent arreas and i cant afford to pay them the minimum payments. ive done my best but with everything else building up from all angles i cant do everything at once. im continously looking for an unsecured loan but im worried ill get trapped into something that could really mess me up financially in the long term and so not venture down that route untill i can be sure its an okay company. they have sent me a possestion order which has instructed me to go to court on the 14th of july so if anyone knows anything that could help me in this situation or any good lenders then please lemme know

thanks PG xx

Edited by princessgoku

Welcome to CAG PG - definately the place to regain control over this.

I don't know much about bank charges, however I suspect someone will help when they see your post. You will probably be able to claim these charges back.

Priority must be to pay your rent and with that in mind you need to make sure the pay day loan sharks can't get at your money. Tell the bank you have lost your card and get it replaced, cancel any cheques you have issued and cancel any direct debits to these companies - which ones are chasing you? Most are easy to negotiate with when they cant access your funds.

In view of the possession order I would be tempted to make an urgent appointment with Citizens advice and get them to intervene on this issue.

Another loan is unlikely to be the answer.

Keep posting

thanks for responding

the thing is ive changed my card 3 times now and they are still managing to get money from my account, ive told the bank that i dont want them to pay it out but they said if they have the authoriseation then there is nothing they can do :confused:

the comanys are - paydayuk and pounds till payday. they keep adding charges to the accounts and im recieving phone calls and letter every day. i tryed to reason with them and set up payments but they were having none of it, all they kept saying is that i have to pay them in full immediately. when i attempted to explain my situation they became really rude so i put the phone down and have answered their calls in a few days.....

as for the rent do u know if u get evicted that you can still get help from the council?

thanks PG

I'm afraid I cannot give you any advice about the loans - however someone else will.

Regarding the possession order, if you can show at the court that you have been suffering financial difficulties and are willing to make payments that will go in your favour. Take along bank statements if you can. It's not a foregone conclusion that they will evict, a similar situation happened to someone I know and they weren't evicted.

It might be more helpful to you to post your seperate queries in the bank section for your charges, and in the residential and commercial lettings section for your rent as you need specific advice that may not be seen here.

PG

I will stick to the loans as the only area I know a little about. Please 'lose' that card as I have suggested above. They will then only get paid when you decide to pay them (and cancel DD's)

PTP are easy albeit annoying on the phone - but you have the right idea in not talking to them. they eventuall pass to Clarity who will happily accept minimal monthly payments from you. Don't worry about them!

PUK tend to be a bit more ackward but they will negotiate when they realise they can only get paid when you decide. refuse to pay anything other than by standing order. The loan companies then get a monthly figure that you give them (they don't take!). Offer a monthly figure you can afford to pay.

You will probably get away with paying a tenner a month for them both and less if that is all you can afford.