firms hand book

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for that you see i work on a cash till so does my mother and my sister is our superviser and it is a site so are they breaking company procedure when it states that in the company rules

sorry i am new to this but the thing i need to know is it says in the hand book family members are not allowed to work on the same work team but myself my mother and my sister all work cash tills are they breaking company procedures

Obviously, they are.

But so what? What are you trying to achieve?

If you have been caught out somewhere else in company procedures, remember that two wrongs don't make a right. IOW, the fact that the company have breached this procedure, does not render all procedures void.

the thing is i worked there for 4 years and was dismised last week for till shotage after a disaplinery and at the end of the day i should not have been working on a till and i neederd to no for tribunal purpose to fight my case thanks

the thing is i worked there for 4 years and was dismised last week for till shotage after a disaplinery and at the end of the day i should not have been working on a till and i neederd to no for tribunal purpose to fight my case thanks

Won't wash IMO.

It could equally be argued that you should have been working on a till and the rest of your family not.

I can see no correlation between other members of your family working on tills and your till shortage. I somehow doubt that any ET will either.

I think you need to focus on the till shortage and why it (or whether it actually) occurred.

• Haha 1

my sister who is a till superviser worked there 1 year before me on a till i have had leagal advice and cab advice and they say it will be classed as unfair dissmissal for them not carrying out company procedures and is unsafe for them to have dissmissed me i was told about the disaplinery and when it would take place but was still allowed to work on my till untll the disaplinery 5 days later i shoul have been suspenderd dont you think?

tigerbar,

You're clutching at staws.

patdavies is correct, there is no correlation between your family working on tills and your till shortage.

Your prime concern and effort should be with disproving the till shortage.

Regards...

Edited by Turnaround
typo

Has your till been short on previous occasions?

Are we talking about a small or large amount?

Do you consider that the company has handled this shortage fairly, regardless of alleged breaches concerning thier hand book?

i do understand that but like i said it states in the company hand book that no family members are allowed to work on the same work team but they have put 3 of us on the same team why can they make rules and not carry them out to me that is not carrying out company rules

I can understand your thoughts regarding company rules.

Do you think they considered your family members as hard working, honest and trust worthy and in that regard bent the rules to accommodate a family enviroment?

yes i have had two till sortages in the past 100pound up and 100 pound downi am hadling 30 to 50.000 aday on this occation a customer gave me 100 pound short when i asked her about it she said she would check when she got home there was no statement from her on my disaplinery and they didnt investigate it

that is not the point the point if anybody dose not carry out company rules the get a verble warning or a disaplinary so they can make rules and not carry them out and get away with it at the end of the day i have lost my job becuse they have not carried out there rules so it shoud work both ways

it will have none becuse my mother handerd her notice in last week and as now finished and my sister is ok there but is looking for another job i myself have got another job with one of the customers and i did have 5 more offers from customers so i carnt be all that bad can i

Well done with getting another job and no you can't be that bad at your job.

Within the scale of things, I would suggest that your performance does not warrant being dismissed. The company should be showing a level of understanding and fully investigate this matter.

Not being privy to your conversations regarding your legal advice and CAB involvement, I would suggest you follow their advice in this matter.

But try and stick to the "till shortage" matter and not the rule book as this might weaken your case.

Hope this helps and good luck

Regards…..

thanks for your valid advice and i shall do that i must add i was there for 4 years never took a day off and was always there 20 minutes before my start time i was a model worker that is whot all the staff say and customers and they all took me out for a meal last friday thanks alot for your advice

Edited by tigerbar

i have been on my appeal today they didnt recend it they said they followed company procdures they had nothing from the customer that gave me 100 pound short as she wouldnt give a statement i asked about my letter of notification to my disaplinery they said we dont send them but on my contract it says they do i also asked about the shop floor workers that cause hudreds of pounds worth of loss of stock each week by not checking dates and they dont get disaplind its only the till staff my whitness was not allowed to talk i also asked why i was allowed to still work on my till after the till shortage for 5 days he said because i trusterd you but yet they dismised me so now i shall go forward with the other company procedure that was not carried out as i think i have been dismised unfairly