unreasonable blame of shoplifting at boots

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is regarding a unfortunate event took place on 19-06-09 at your Boots store, Ilford, IG1 1DE.

I went inside the store and picked up few cosmetics from the ground floor and then went upstairs as i have to buy some baby products as well. I did all my purchasing and paid the amount at 1st floor except few cosmetics as I wanted to change the shade, so I was heading towards the lift to go on the ground floor , I carried all the cosmetics in my hand while going down, but then it was getting too difficult to push the baby buggy with it as I was attending a call on my mobile at the same time so i just kept all the items in the bag which I was holding in my hand and while talking on the phone I just walked away from the boots store without realising that I am carrying some items which are not paid and then the security person asked me to come in the store, I went with him.. he asked me to put the call down, I did that and then he asked me what all i have taken from the store, I was showing him the stuff and realised the unpaid cosmetics are also with me but this was just a unfortunate event and not intentional, I tried hard to explain the security man but he keeps shouting on me ... I did whatever he said at that time as I did not wanted any scene to be created at that time as my 4month old baby was with me

He gave me below 3 papers

1. Letter from Boots store for not entering the boots store again

2. Notice of intended civil recovery (RLP will send a letter for compansation)

3. Exclusion notice

Moreover my advantage card has been blocked which is worth 17pounds, this is not at all fair.

Please suggest whar shall i do?

Edited by saintly_1

Tanutex,welcome to the board.

Are you saying that you put the items in the bag ,in the lift,or that you did this on the ground floor?

How do you know your advantage card has been blocked?

As regards the exclusion notice,what stores does that say you are excluded from? IS it just BOOts or allth eother stores within the town scheme group?

Edited by shanty

Hi Shanty

thanks, i got the all before entering the lift only and i kept the items in teh bag in the lift.

I checked my advantage card online for shopping and it says it is blocked.

It says only 'this store' , so its only boots store.

Thanks JonCris, yes i would like to but not sure how much the expense will be and how many times i have to go court as i have a 4 month old baby to take care.

Sory to ask but what is POC

Hi Shanty

thanks, i got the all before entering the lift only and i kept the items in teh bag in the lift.

I checked my advantage card online for shopping and it says it is blocked.

It says only 'this store' , so its only boots store.

Ok.

So you are saying you put the items in your bag in the lift,only when you received a mobile call while in the lift(there are cameras in there usually) and didn't take them out until you were stopped outside?Presumably the cctv evidence can be produced to confirm what you have said.

I am not surprised Boots have blocked your card ( I expect the terms and conditions say the card technically belongs to them) they have in effect banned you from entering the store,so you can't spend the points.

He was wrong if he bullied you in any way,and if you told him it was not deliberate,he should have called the Police,to establish the facts.

Was there another female,a Manager, present when you were in the office?

Why did he shout at you-very unproffessional.

Edited by shanty

Thanks JonCris, yes i would like to but not sure how much the expense will be and how many times i have to go court as i have a 4 month old baby to take care.

Sory to ask but what is POC

Pro bono means FREE apart from the intitial court fee approx £80 &v if your on benefits now't

Did you sign anything and give them your name and address etc.? If you were convinced it was a mistake and you could convince a court of such you should not have accepted any forms and not signed anything. |However inthe heat of the moment and under bullying tactics you feel vulnerable and it s understandable. They may or may not take you to court if you dont pay their Fine/expenses etc. If as JC says somebody will represent you then maybe thats the way to go.

Yes, they have made me signed a paper in which it is written that due to unacceptable behavior i am not allowed to enter this store again and if i do so further legal actions will be taken, also they have clicked my picture.

at that time it was so embarassing and i was stressed as the baby was with me and i have never came across any of these situation ever in my life so i din knew what to do at that time.

I am so tense these days in figuring out the best way to solve it without much of expense.

Ok.

So you are saying you put the items in your bag in the lift,only when you received a mobile call while in the lift(there are cameras in there usually) and didn't take them out until you were stopped outside?Presumably the cctv evidence can be produced to confirm what you have said.

I am not surprised Boots have blocked your card ( I expect the terms and conditions say the card technically belongs to them) they have in effect banned you from entering the store,so you can't spend the points.

He was wrong if he bullied you in any way,and if you told him it was not deliberate,he should have called the Police,to establish the facts.

Was there another female,a Manager, present when you were in the office?

Why did he shout at you-very unproffessional.

I kept the items inside the lift but i got the phone call just before entering the lift...

there was no female or store manager present at that time in the office, infact at one time he asked me leave the baby in the room alone, n he asked me come along with him to varify my address n date of birth.

he was shouting as i was trying to explain him what happened and it was not at all intensional.

tanutex Unless your prepared to put up a fight now you'll be forced to pay them, reason you signed the Boots forms & they'll use that as confirmation of your dishonesty....... in addition you WILL also be put on their data base as being dishonest........... this alone may result in your being denied a job or future credit.......... & if this government get their way it may even effect your foreign travel

I kept the items inside the lift but i got the phone call just before entering the lift...

there was no female or store manager present at that time in the office, infact at one time he asked me leave the baby in the room alone, n he asked me come along with him to varify my address n date of birth.

he was shouting as i was trying to explain him what happened and it was not at all intensional.

I am horrified that you were not accompanied by another female in the office-that is outrageous .

I can assure you this is STRICTLY against company policy.

It could be said that you felt intimidated by the males presence,and only signed the paperwork because you were scared.

In addition to everything else you are advised to do,I suggest you contact Boots Customer Services by phone and find the contact details for that branches Regional Security Manager,it may be called the Regional Profit Protection Manager.Tell him you were on your own in the office with a male and were not given the option to have another female present,tell him you were told to leave your baby on his/her own and you felt intimidated and nervous.

Unless someone else can suggest how to do this within a legal framework, or with a legally worded letter referring to the fact she was un chaperoned,which would be better than a phone conversation.

Asked you to leave your baby alone!! You definitely have a case to fight here.This is not good public relation for Boots,as a large part of their business is Mother and Baby.

Edited by shanty

Thanks Shanty, I will definatly call the customer care manager to talk this issue, and after that i will put a letter as well.

What you suggest?

I just suggest you ask them for the Regional Profit Protection Managers address for Ilford store.That's not the same as the Store Manager.Then write to him,rather than phone him.I wouldn't offer to discuss the issue with customer care,because they wouldn't appreciate what you are trying to explain.Leave that for your letter to the Profit Protection Manager.

If they try to push you to tell them what the issue is,say you would rather discuss it by letter with him.

i have recived a letter from RPL, they have asked for 137£ but if i pay wihin 21days without and conviction, they will take 110£....

What shall i do know?

IS their letter claiming that if they sue you, you will be CONVICTED! :eek: in a civil court? :eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IS their letter claiming that if they sue you, you will be CONVICTED! :eek: in a civil court? :eek:

No, nothing of that sort, it says.. althoughour client claims for 137£, on an entirely ''without prejudice'' basis our client would be prepared to accept £110 in ful and final settlement of this civil claim against you, provided you pay within 21days.

Did they ask your permission to take your photograph?What did they say?

Personally,I feel that the taking of photos (unless done by the Police) is a step too far.

he din ask for a permission, he just stand there and he clicked the photo.

he said to me he will send the picture to his other stores as well, so that i m not allowed anywhere.

'Without prejudice" means you could pay up & still be charged with a crime or sued by the retailer

Correctly written to be understood by a lay person it should read 'Without prejudice as to liability' which can mean theirs or yours..........whereas 'Without prejudice' means little to the lay person & could therefore be challenged as meaningless to that lay recipient

Edited by JonCris

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all of you but i think there is no other option for me except to pay to RLP.. solicitors and court cases will take much more money than what i have to pay to RLP right now.. this is really sad for me as i am not ale to fight for justice but truly speaking i don't have money to spend on the case...

I tried to take help of our counseller in the county but no returns.

Thanks a lot for your guidence...

Be warned if you pay up you WILL be put onto their 'dishonest' persons data base for at least 6 years to which lenders, DCA's, CRA's & employers past or present will have access if they are clients of RLP

Help is available if you contact the site Mod Martin3030 or me