You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

cluttermoney

Lloyds refusal to acknowledge account hold

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4034 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've just spoke to Lloyds and explained that I will be closing my current/credit account due to financial difficulties and arranging a payment plan either through debt management or myself.

I explained that I will be writing to request a hold on the account whilst I make arrangements

They stated that they will not entertain such a request and will continue to place charges on the account/s

What can I do ?

Hi, sorry you were missed.

Firstly, open a new account with another bank not associated with lloyds group.

Get all your direct debits/standing orders transferred and any payments into your account.

Once that is all done and no further money is going into/out of the lloyds account, SAR them. Letter 2 here:

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Send with a £10 postal order

Send recorded delivery

give them 40 days to respond (from receipt)

Go to the royal mail website and track the letter. print off the receipt of delivery once it has got there.

You should get back everything they have on you and then once you have worked out how much they have stiffed you, reclaim it.

There is an appeal going through the House of Lords today about this and if it goes in the consumers favour, the money will be easier to get back.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

No worries thanks for the response. I've been pondering this route for a while but was under the impression that all the claims have been put on hold and to wait for the outcome of the court hearings.

Anyway, SAR sent. Transfered wages paymens to Co-Op account

Doing some quick sums from my records, minus interest I think i'm owed in excess of £4,000