Rob Way/Horwich Farrelly reponse to CPR request cap1 debt

sussex1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Blimey

received a brilliant Easter offer today to pay 50% to settle this account

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/180310-1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/180310003-1.jpg

mmm 50% of a debt you cant prove and has been in dispute for 4 years. Thanks but no thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Horrible Farrelly, no doubt will get fed up soon and pass the Lemon back to RW.

RW, will resume sending out the pointless/meaningless template letters...

Tele Letter; Tele Letter; Threat of Home Visit per annum.

Many are on the third circuit with RW; Big Yawn!

I got the Easter chick but only 40% off.......:(

I have only been waiting 2 years for them to send me an enforcable agreement.

Still 40% off the nothing I plan on paying them is quite a good deal I think.

Guess it will be the 'where did we go wrong' letter again soon........simply answer you bought lemons and tried to collect on them!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Angry Cat,

letter received as predicted today, we may do a home visit and may issue. Highly unlikely i fear, this one defaulted late 06 and sold to them 08 and they have failed to send enforecable cca and chose to ignore cpr request!!

i'll look forward to the visit

Hi Angry Cat,

letter received as predicted today, we may do a home visit and may issue. Highly unlikely i fear, this one defaulted late 06 and sold to them 08 and they have failed to send enforecable cca and chose to ignore cpr request!!

i'll look forward to the visit

Licence Number:0630388Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Robinson Way Limited 06976081

Categories:

Consumer credit

Credit brokerage

Debt administration

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No."

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises: NO [Emphasis Added]

However, always best to dot your i's and cross your t's;

Send them the trespass rule letter!

AC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have today received this from Horwich

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/100510-1.jpg

any views as to whether this a genuine "letter before action" or more hot air?

These are the default and termination notices i got back in 06

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/capone2601061-1.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/capone2601062.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/capone110206-1.jpg

I'm not sure as to if these have been executed properly as I tthink they didn't at that time have to give 14 days.

Can a default and/or termnation notice be re done as Cap One have told me they don't have copies as it is so old. Presumably therefore Robinson Way when they bought this account have not got these docs.

thanks as always

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm223/sussex1/capone220109-1.jpg

I think the response to the data subject access request says it all really.

The number for trading standards is:

08454 040506

I would ring them to lodge a formal complaint because this seems to be a clear abuse of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUT regs 2008) and trading standards have an obligation to investigate.

thanks for the reply, this is where i get confused as to what is happening, if I complain, what am i complaining about?

A faulty default or termination notice? (i'm not sure they are)

Cap One haven't kept them?

Rob Way have bought a debt without these?

Rob Way arepusuing me with invalid CCA

Rob Way passed onto Horwich Farrelly whilt in dispute and they then both ignore CPR request?

sorry if im sounding dumb but at this point I do start to struggle in fully understanding the correct process

thanks again

The Default Notice is defective for a couple of reasons. Although the remedy period was 7 days then they have neglected to allow for postal service. Firstly the 22-01-06 was a Saturday and they have to allow four working days for postal service if it was posted second class, two working days if first class Sat, Sun & Bank Holidays excluded). Even if it was posted 1st class you could not have received it before Weds 26th then you were allowed by legislation 7 days to remedy which would bring it to 2nd Feb. With them allowing 10 days from the date of the letter according to them the remedy date would be 1st Feb. So if it was posted 1st class it is one day short if second class 3 days short and a court assumes it would be posted 2nd class unless they can prove otherwise.

The second fault is that the remedy is not date specific. ;)

ok so is that a complete defence as they then went onto issue a termination letter?

If, so what is the best way to respond to Horwich Farrelly and/or Rob Way? They have been insisting, as they do, since 06 that the CCA is valid (even though they never acted on their many threats to issue) so are they likely to back down on receipt of confirmation of having bought an account with an invalid default notice?

thanks

id send the bemused as dept is still in dispute letter

ive been in a court case with them since november 2009 and to date they have no DN , no valid assignment etc but it didnt stop them taking legal action against me then trying to strike out my holding defence (they lost £100 quid awarded to me for round 1) but the case continues

i think they are under real pressure as the dodgy deal they done with Earnst and Young (of repo 105 fame) to get the management buyout means they have to pay 70 million over 6 years

lucky for them in the first year they only have to repay 1 million and they have yet to file any accounts with the new setup

keep the preessure on these cowboys

They're stuffed by everything, unenforceable CCA and a defective DN + the a/c has been terminated. If they were stupid enough to even try for a CCJ they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. :D

In addistion they failed to respond to my CPR request just saying they had sent all i needed. Should I be replying to Horwich Farelly now and if so how much do I tell them?

My understanding is that they now,having purchassed an account that has been terminated incorrectly cannot rectify cap ones error

is it better just to say I'vegot nothing to addto previous CPR request?

• 4 weeks later...

nothing from horwich but rob way now writing and calling continuosly despite telling me 2 or so years ago my numbers had been removed! i was bored today when they phoned so humored them and told them they hadn'd sent a valid cca or replied to my cpr request.The girl very kindly told me her system said i'd been sent everthing they had to but when i said she was wrong all she could reply was "we are a debt company, we know what we are doing" think her script then failed as she said shed have to get a manager to call me. I'll look forward to that

RW, will just keep on sending out letters...they have no care about the rain forests!

However, they should not be telephoning you, if you have requested;

communication(s) in writing, only, please.

I guess I have just joined this playpen... two letters from Robbers Way and one from Horribly Farrelly for an account that AIC admitted in writing that Royds-TSB don't have a CCA for! About to report them all for being f***witts!

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" - Sir Winston Churchill

• 1 year later...

Hi

This default dropped off my Experian record last week (i received in 06 at time of default a letter from cap one saying it would be on my file for 6 years)

In short, is that now it or shall i expect Rob Way to still try and convince me to pay?

thanks