You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Guest alderney1965dk

Should I pay or wait for the courts

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest alderney1965dk

Hi everybody.

I am currently in discussions (via letters) with the Lowell Group in regards to an old 3 account, as I was unable to get a CCA due to it being a telephone account I applied for a SAR which took them 2 months to supply maybe longer, I sent for it on 1st April, received it last week, even though they said they had not received the £10 postal order, I argued (via letter) and they then sent it as stated. I have offered them £1.00 per week as I am on benefits, can I still withhold this payment even though as yet they have not responded to my letter.

When they do respond can I just advise them that the only way they will get the money is by a county court order, as I have seen elsewhere on this forum that only a court can order you to make payments, or will I be digging my own grave.

Any help would be grateful.:confused:

Have Lowells suppied you with sufficient paperwork to substanciate their claim?

If not, don't pay them anythng.

If they have then its up to you what you offer them. If they don't accept it, tough, let them take you to court, will still only get a pound a month if you on benefits.

What sort of outstanding balance are we talking about here?

I agree if lowells cannot substantiate the claim then sod em

as previous poster has already stated the court will only make you pay a pound whether it is in lowells interest to take you only they can tell, but very rare event for these bottom dwellers to venture into court

Guest alderney1965dk

Hi

The amount is for £787.52 of which £518.15 was termination fees due to early cancellation of the contract. The SAR they deleivered to me was just a load of telephone bills, nothing else does that mean it was a full subject access request, these were all copies and a number of pages are missing.

Hi

The amount is for £787.52 of which £518.15 was termination fees due to early cancellation of the contract. The SAR they deleivered to me was just a load of telephone bills, nothing else does that mean it was a full subject access request, these were all copies and a number of pages are missing.

This amount seems rather excessive, even if it does have early cancellation charges. How much was the initial monthly contract fee?

How long did you have the contract before cancelling and what term was the original contract?

There could be lots of unfair penenty charges hidden in the amount claimed. the amount they claim match with the statements they have sent?