Mint/Triton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This morning I recieved two letters..1 from MINT dated 12th June and one from Triton dated 17th..

The mint letter advised me that I owed £107 for two missed payments and that I should call asap to pay of and get the account upto date..

The letter from triton was re the same mint account and they are demanding the full outstanding balance or £2382 21

I rang Mint as soon as I opened the letter to pay of the £107 but they would not accept as they say the debt has been sold to triton and that triton have registered a default against my credit file!! :mad:. I asked them why they had sold the account as I was under the inpression that I was on a payment plan with mint to stop this exact thing from happening. This was set up in may! and I was told that £50 would be taken from my debt card every 7th of the month. According to mint no such aggrement had been put in place and I should of rang and payed the £50 every 7th of the month.

I also rang triton and they demanded the full amount or 6 monthly payments to clear the balance. Obviously I cannot afford to pay this in full and offered them £150 a month but they refused.

Also to make thinga a bit more complicated.... I Payed a company £275 back in jan/feb this year who said they could clear my cards of in 28days (mint,virgin,aa) and this I feel is a [problem]! I started another thread about this on these boards and can be found http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/194270-tate-lloyd-claims-management.html

I am lost as to were to go from now as now I have this default I would not be able to credit for 6yrs! is there anyway to get this removed??

Any advice would be great!!

did you receive notification from mint that they sold the debt and did triton write to you saying the same enclosing a notice of assignment?

if not, neither can do neither to you.

cca request triton.

sent a/c in dispute to both

and STAY OFF THAT PHONE!!!

do it all in writing .

dx

ps yep all credit card write off merchants are scams!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is the letter I had today from triton...

Dear MR xyz

The Royal Bank Of Scotland plc has placed your account with us for immediate collection.

We have been appionted on their behalf and to avoid further action you are requested to foward a cheque for the full amount by return tho the address quoted above. This should be made payable to Triton Credit Services ensuring that your reference number is printed on the reverse.

Alternataively, payment can be made by contacting this office on ....... and using a debit/credit card.

If for any reason you are unable to make this payment by return, you must telephone this office immediatly.

YOur sincerley

Triton credit services

how do I send a CCA request and how would I word a a/c dispute letter...sorry but I have no idea.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And they have mis-informed you

Triton are in-house debt collectors for RBos

The account hasn't been sold to them, they are just collecting on their behalf. They do that so that they can frighten people by asking for the full amount.

They are fairly harmless, they have about 6 standard letters, full of unlawful claims. Round about no 5 is one that Triton print on Greene & Co headed paper, but it's really Triton.

Mint could have accepted your payment after they had referred it to triton, but they chose not to.

Should I pay Triton or mint then? or is it upto mint now as they have told me that the "debt has been sold" or should I just send these letters and go from there?

make a token £50 payment to mint whilst you await the CCA return

remember if they fail to reply with the correct docs with in 12+2 working days

you are within your rights to cease any payment.

TBH: if it were me i'd fire off the letters & just ignore everyone till the CCA return

buts thats my thoughts.

14day when already 2mts behind is not going to hurt.

dx

and they