Amazon Seller Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking for some advise!

I have had an Amazon seller account for about 6 years, about 4 years ago I stopped using the account as I wasn't making much money on there. I had never had bad feedback, never had an A-Z Claim etc. I left the account with £627 left in it, and recently thought I would draw it out. Since then my bank details had changed, so I logged into my account, changed my bank details, and withdrew the money. A few moents after this I had an email from Amazon stating that my account had been shut down and the decision was final. I logged back into my account to find that they had reversed my withdrawal and put my money into reserve (meaning I cant touch it). I emailed them and asked why? After a couple of days I had a reply that said that they had reasonable evidence that I had another seller account which currently owes £487, and that I could pay one off with the other and have the balance, however I know that I have NEVER had another seller account. I have fired off several emails since then, but just get exactly the same response (word for word). I have tried calling but I get told that for legal reason I cannot speak to the department as they want all communications in writing.

Where do i stand legally, they wont tell me what the evidence they have is, I have never had another seller account, and I really want my money before I go on holiday - can I go to MCOL and file a claim?

Thanks!!

Matt

Their rules, and their ball - your 'rights' are dictated by their T&C's which you will be deemed to have accepted. It is sensible dealing with them in writing, not by phone as this means you keep tabs on what they're are saying in response to your questions.

Send them a letter, stating that your attempt to close the Seller Account has been stopped, and that as you have no other account with them are concerned at your money being withheld in this way. Ask them to substantiate their claim, or release your funds within 21 days. If not, you will be forced to take hte matter further.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have been communicating with them for about 3 weeks by email now and have asked them to explain why they think I have another seller account - I have asked this about 15 times and just get the same response;

'As we have previously stated, we are unable to disburse the funds remaining in this selling account until the outstanding debt due on your other selling account has been paid. At this time, your related selling account has an outstanding debt of GBP 484.14. With your permission, we can debit the amount from your current selling account to cover the debt after which we can release your remaining funds'

Am I within my rights to go to MCOL and register a claim against them?

Thanks,

Matt

someone will offer more advice soon but i would suggest a final letter before action before issuing a mcol as this gives them one final time to reply with all the information

head it letter before action if you like you can use the stickers from the site, or simply print the consumer action logo direct onto the envalope

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 2 years later...

Hello

I am new here and uncertain as to what might happen.

Amazon UK seller account: early in July but late one night I opened a seller account in order to sell one book of which I am the author, and several more used books, duplicates from my collection. Two hours later while I was asleep Amazon UK closed the account for an alleged violation due to an association with another account some years ago.

Since then they have stonewalled. No replies to messages. No information. REfusal to talk on the phone. No chance to defend myself. No chance to open an account. Rebuff, silence, no appeal. No reply to snail mail to their Slough HQ. I am now waiting for my legal helpline service to call me back. I am baffled.

Any ideas?