Mortgage Arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Over the years I have managed to build up £1000's of mortgage arrears and I am slowly paying them off. The main reason I am starting to be able to pay it off is because my mortgage payments are low just now and the mortgage company (GE Money) have been very, very patient with us!

However, I am getting charged an arm and a leg for being over and I heard that getting a credit card would probably be cheaper as the interest rates are cheaper. This is all well if you have a good credit rating, but I dont. Is there anyway, I can get a credit card with a bad credit rating. I have never had one before so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Roughly how much are you arrears now and what are your monthly payments?

Its never good paying credit with credit as with all best intentions, you may then fall behind with the credit card and they have extortionate charges and interest.

For the time being i would say concentrate on the clearing the arrears and worry about the charges later on down the line. You could contact your morgage company and see if there is anything possible

Obviously, thats my own personal opinion and not financial advice!